Tarmac Track - Price

Commando

4 minutes ago, gdh said:

I think the last concrete we had in bulk was £90 a cube so at 8inch thick (to be on the safe side) and £15 for laying and prep I would say £30k plus vat.

Thx for this, so given the base is good solid stone i could reduce to 15mm i guess?

1 hour ago, Samantha48 said:

That’s good eggs maybe you could buy yourself a real motorbike ????

Cheeky git, I'll have you know I raced a mate of mine between two local pubs which are 5 miles apart, I had to only do the return leg, my mate had to do the return journey there and back, he was on a super bike I was on the scooter, he beat me!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Cheeky git, I'll have you know I raced a mate of mine between two local pubs which are 5 miles apart, I had to only do the return leg, my mate had to do the return journey there and back, he was on a super bike I was on the scooter, he beat me!?

Lol ? Ratman told me to wind you up ? your bikes lovely ?? The scooter lot come to the Island once a year there are thousands of beautiful bikes ? my husband had one and some of his pals spotted him on the road and shouted out the car windows laughing then sped off. Five minutes down the road he saw them getting a ticket from a police man ? he gave them the birdie and drove on laughing his head off ?

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

A good way of doing that at a fraction of the cost if you can find someone who is resurfacing a road close by.Reuse the tarmac plannings being stripped .Perfect for a job like that.

Where are you Les, the Middle Ages? (Is it Wales? Similar thing ?)

The days of having the left over tarmac from a road job and planings for beer money to the driver are long gone. 

Planings need certifying to a certain level free from contaminants and they are treated as a saleable commodity these days. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

A good way of doing that at a fraction of the cost if you can find someone who is resurfacing a road close by.Reuse the tarmac plannings being stripped .Perfect for a job like that.

It is, but you ideally need the manpower to get it laid as soon as possible, again ideally you want only the wearing course straight off the planer while it's still warm, once the planer gets going it won't be stopping and they soon fill a 20 ton bulk tipper, plenty of lads on rakes and shovels and someone who's sole job it is to get it rolled in. But yes it's way cheaper that way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Where are you Les, the Middle Ages? (Is it Wales? Similar thing ?)

The days of having the left over tarmac from a road job and planings for beer money to the driver are long gone. 

Planings need certifying to a certain level free from contaminants and they are treated as a saleable commodity these days. 

£200/20ton tipper straight off the job.

You have to get in early to get good planings, when I worked on the roads it's the first thing we tried to do, find somewhere to tip, usually FOC to get rid of them. Thats not to say it's impossible, remember the lads who drive the tarmac lorries are virtually all owner drivers, if you can find them and are willing to pay you can bet your life the drivers will tip with you rather than at the official tip site.