Tracked tw230 forst 8 inch

Dean O

8 minutes ago, KWarb17 said:

Interesting. Now put some big timber through it please ?

Debating whether to with the st6p or the EVO 165 at the moment. They both have their plus and minus points about them.

I’ll try take some better videos tomorrow. The machine in my couple of clips is the 37hp 750kg model. 

Same with any capital purchase you can draw up positives and negatives. 

We are running a finance offer on the 165 750kg at the moment. 

£1500 ex vat deposit 

£241 ex vat / 60 months 

£100 doc fee. 
Machine is yours at end of term. 

Folding discharge is on the horizon if that’s a negative for you on the Evo 750kg ?

The new “floating“ stop bar is a great system ?

Edited by GA Groundcare

1 minute ago, GA Groundcare said:

I’ll try take some better videos tomorrow. The machine in my couple of clips is the 37hp 750kg model. 

£1500 ex vat deposit 

£241 ex vat / 60 months 

£100 doc fee. 

Folding discharge is on the horizon if that’s a negative for you on the Evo 750kg ?

Cheers, obviously if my guys are wanting to tow it it'll have to be under 750Kg. I couldn't afford for the apprentice to be over. Can you assure me its sub 750? Some of the others are like a bit over.  

Don't like the look of em buttons but sure they'll be OK after I get used to them 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KWarb17 said:

Cheers, obviously if my guys are wanting to tow it it'll have to be under 750Kg. I couldn't afford for the apprentice to be over. Can you assure me its sub 750? Some of the others are like a bit over.  

Don't like the look of em buttons but sure they'll be OK after I get used to them 

Yup, 750kg wet weight fuelled up. 

The buttons are easy. Blue reverse, green feed. They’re hardy buttons designed to be stepped on in factories. 

You don’t have to reverse before going forward either ? If you hit the stop button you can tap feed directly. And now, on the latest ones if a large branch holds the stop bar down you can press the green feed button to override.  Rather than trying to pull the stop bar back with one hand and press feed button with the other... 

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GA Groundcare said:

Yup, 750kg wet weight fuelled up. 

The buttons are easy. Blue reverse, green feed. They’re hardy buttons designed to be stepped on in factories. 

You don’t have to reverse before going forward either ? If you hit the stop button you can tap feed directly. And now, on the latest ones if a large branch holds the stop bar down you can press the green feed button to override.  Rather than trying to pull the stop bar back with one hand and press feed button with the other... 

Cheers for the info. 

Perhaps I'll book a demo in due course....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GA Groundcare said:

No worries. I have a demo machine available. We are only in Wiltshire :) 

Thanks I'll DM ya if things progress.  Obviously looking at a few options.  Something that has just occurred to me.  I haven't seen many of the EVO 165P around? If I was to place an order today would I be running the risk of having one of the first off production line?  Like anything there's often issues with the first few.  Not saying there will be any issues of course but just a thought. 

How many hours testing does the model go through before coming to the market?

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

When was this and where did you hire it from? Was it a 750kg petrol with the new stress control? The 750kg has only been out two months. 
I installed the first machine to GA Plant Hire Swindon. 

It’s a completely different machine to the 2019/2020 over 750kg petrol Evo and Evo diesel. Different chassis, different flywheel, different stress control system. Same Vanguard 37HP EFI engine. 

I have gone toe to toe with the ST6P multiple times in the past couple of months and the last 4 deals have come our way. 

Tomorrow I am out with the Evo 165 750kg. We were supposed to be having a head to head with the  ST6P and Evo 165 750kg. But Forst have brought their demo forward two hours. I shall get there early and try get some side by side videos ?

Not sure as a mate sorted the hire, but was from swindon. 

Not too sure about the new stress control features either tbh. Kept on stalling on bigger timber and lost a ton of time unblocking the thing!

Edited by Ross Goodenough
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ross Goodenough said:

Not sure as a mate sorted the hire, but was from swindon. 

Not too sure about the new stress control features either tbh. Kept on stalling on bigger timber and lost a ton of time unblocking the thing!

Was it a yellow and black one? 

GA Plant hire had one on loan from us prior to their actual machine being delivered. Now that one we did go out to as it was blocking. It was an over 750kg machine, different flywheel, different chassis, different stress control and different exhaust. 

The blocking of that yellow / black machine was due to the following. 

The exhaust ran too close to the pair of flywheel drive belts. The outer belt, closest to the engine when we put a digital temperature gauge on was some 30 degree hotter than the inner belt. When the belts were tight, tensioned by a “common”  tensioner there was a clear tension difference between the two belts. 
The stress control sensor is on the engine crank shaft.  On feeding larger material the flywheel would slow down, belts slipping on the engine crank pulley, crank pulley / engine is still revving and subsequently the machine feeds until it stalls. 

We replaced the belts on site and the machine was fine for the rest of its loan period. But we knew it was probably going to have the same issue in due course. 

I had already taken an order for that exact yellow / black machine, when we delivered GA Plants actual 750kg machine it came back in to our place, new redesigned exhaust plus we heat wrapped the manifold for good measure. It’s been working with its new customer and hasn’t missed a beat since ?.

its a shame you didn’t get to experience the 165 750kg machine Ross. 

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KWarb17 said:

Thanks I'll DM ya if things progress.  Obviously looking at a few options.  Something that has just occurred to me.  I haven't seen many of the EVO 165P around? If I was to place an order today would I be running the risk of having one of the first off production line?  Like anything there's often issues with the first few.  Not saying there will be any issues of course but just a thought. 

How many hours testing does the model go through before coming to the market?

Cheers

GA Plant Swindon, Horizon Trees, GT Trees, Chipper Hire SW are all companies I have delivered brand new Evo 750kg machines to last month as a dealer in the south. 

I have had the prototype machine out for months and it’s been in various companies/ customers to be abused and basically see what fails. 

GM have a rolling road at the factory, it simulates the machine bouncing along the road and again, it’s heavily tested on that to see what breaks.  

I was at the factory last week, there must of been some 40 machines in dispatch waiting to go out. 

Lead time on new orders is 16 weeks! But I have stock always on order. 2 arriving this month and 14 rocking up in January ?

Welcome to let you have it for a few days/ week so you can live with it ?

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

£1500 ex vat deposit 

£241 ex vat / 60 months 

£100 doc fee. 

I have a Evo sub 750kg on order and have asked for the fold down discharge shoot and reversed colour scheme...been waiting a while now as there is more to adding the folding discharge shoot then was first thought so hopefully it won’t be to long now Peter Kirk at Greenmech has been kind enough to keep me informed with relevant information and timescale so fingers crossed it will be sorted in the next couple of weeks and really looking forward getting it as I have sold my 150p but Greenmech have kindly lent me a Machine until my new one is ready.

• Like 2