Tracked tw230 forst 8 inch

Dean O

1 minute ago, Johny Walker said:

You must have got 1 off the early 1s 

what issuse did you have.

It was one of the early ones. Replacement panels due to cracks and splits, hopper fell apart at the lip, one of the rollers failed (bushings), engine access panel hinge failed, paint issues on it too. Silly things like the bar that you hold to adjust the chip flap on the end of the chute fell off

There was an issue with the engine overheating,

I think parts of the rollerbox were replaced.

These issues were addressed, the dealer was good and did what they could but it took a bit of prodding and couldn't help with engine issues.

Do you want a 6" or 8" machine?

The GreenMech EVO 165 26hp diesel will go toe to toe performance wise with the TW230 diesel and ST6 diesel no problem. And at the moment, while stocks last of tier 3A engines you can get a 45hp non DPF Kubota Turbo Diesel GreenMech EVO 165 on tracks or road tow.

Julian, the regional sales manager lives on your doorstep too. I have attached a brochure for you...

GreenMech_EVO165_45_Leaflet.pdf

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GA Groundcare said:

Do you want a 6" or 8" machine?

The GreenMech EVO 165 26hp diesel will go toe to toe performance wise with the TW230 diesel and ST6 diesel no problem. And at the moment, while stocks last of tier 3A engines you can get a 45hp non DPF Kubota Turbo Diesel GreenMech EVO 165 on tracks or road tow.

Julian, the regional sales manager lives on your doorstep too. I have attached a brochure for you...

GreenMech_EVO165_45_Leaflet.pdf 2.06 MB · 4 downloads

I beg to differ. We have a new Forst ST6 petrol on order, hired the new GM evo 165 to see how it performed but it ran like a wet fart compared!  Kept on stalling anf pully tensioner for the hydraulic pump came loose causing issues!  Personally I think the EVO 165 would qualify to go toe to toe with a TW 13/75G but not a st6p?.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ross Goodenough said:

I beg to differ. We have a new Forst ST6 petrol on order, hired the new GM evo 165 to see how it performed but it ran like a wet fart compared!  Kept on stalling anf pully tensioner for the hydraulic pump came loose causing issues!  Personally I think the EVO 165 would qualify to go toe to toe with a TW 13/75G but not a st6p?.

When was this and where did you hire it from? Was it a 750kg petrol with the new stress control? The 750kg has only been out two months. 
I installed the first machine to GA Plant Hire Swindon. 

It’s a completely different machine to the 2019/2020 over 750kg petrol Evo and Evo diesel. Different chassis, different flywheel, different stress control system. Same Vanguard 37HP EFI engine. 

I have gone toe to toe with the ST6P multiple times in the past couple of months and the last 4 deals have come our way. 

Tomorrow I am out with the Evo 165 750kg. We were supposed to be having a head to head with the  ST6P and Evo 165 750kg. But Forst have brought their demo forward two hours. I shall get there early and try get some side by side videos ?

Edited by GA Groundcare
  • Like 2

Would be good to see that comparison.

I'm in favour of letter box type appertures.

Julian demo'd a quad track for us a few years back but as I'd had trouble with the local dealer in the past I couldn't stomach buying one and having to use them if needed.

Who's out nearest greenmech dealer nowadays?

Also always wondered why there's not many companies running greenmech nearby.

2 minutes ago, Dean O said:

Would be good to see that comparison.

I'm in favour of letter box type appertures.

Julian demo'd a quad track for us a few years back but as I'd had trouble with the local dealer in the past I couldn't stomach buying one and having to use them if needed.

Who's out nearest greenmech dealer nowadays?

Also always wondered why there's not many companies running greenmech nearby.

Phoenix Hire is your dealer over there these days. The Evo is back to horizontal rollers. Revised feed roller location, heavy open style flywheel etc.