what spec. for logging truck access over deep peat

difflock

As above, I only need about 150m in off the hard, but where the truck will sit to self-load, is alongside a deep sheaugh, and the only practical arrangement is to stockpile on the far side of the sheaugh.

It is all rank moss, albeit with an undisturbed scraw of 25 year old grass and weeds.

Since I will be on the hook for these costs, any wrong decision will eat into my returns, and disproportinately so, with the limited area to be harvested.

Thinking of about 500mm deep of crushed stone over Terram and possibly incorprating the plastic weldmesh type stuff where the truck will be loading.

The key will be paving it well enough to prevent irreversible damage occuring, without overdoing it and burying any useful profit in the ground.

Thoughts please,

Marcus

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Just wondering why 150m in off the hard?

Can something not be done at the road/track?

Eddie.

Apologies Eddie, by "the hard" I meant the County road,

and where the peat Rodden meets the County road is a hard tight "T" bounded on both sided by other landowners.

Edited by difflock

2 hours ago, Stere said:

Stere,

I Just started to scan through that att. report, it is looking like a very pragmaticlly written document so far.

Thank you.

mth

tsk tsk, first typo

„fine fibrous peat‟ and „course fibrous peat‟ (Radforth, 1969)

this should be coarse, of course.

Edited by difflock