Stovax Stockton 7 help needed

I was sad enough to take a couple of videos last year of my stove burning slowly with blue flames, I think I was burning yew but can't say for certain. For me this seems to be the sweet spot for the air setitng in terms of heat output, longevity no visible smoke/soot etc.

Similar video but with different wood and the air set slightly higher.

Edited by Dazza95

As for Holly, I threw 2 shortish and average thickness bits in my stove earlier, albeit on a hot bed of coals  where the previous logs were almost still flaming....and the flue pipe went to 375C!  it came back down in 10-15 minutes, but flippin' 'eck, holly is powerful stuff.  Yew is similar in my experience, I have to tread carefully with both these woods.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.