4week traing

Personally I think attitude and work ethic are more important than a bucket load of tickets. Tickets are good as they tick a box and allow access to certain jobs or companies that will only employ people with the four main tickets (30,31,38 and 39). However in four weeks there is a limited amount that you can learn, absorb and put into practice. When I came into the industry I did a one year apprenticeship style course and this gave me the experience and tickets over a longer period of time but only gave me a certain amount of experience and knowledge. For me this worked better than just a four week course but appreciate depending on ones circumstances you may need to do the four week approach. We recently had a guy come in for a trial week who had done a four week course but couldn’t safely tie a bowline, not sure how you can be deemed ‘competent’ if you can’t tie a basic knot which could lead to a serious accident if climbing but that’s another story!

The four week course may well open some doors for you and also secure some work so I would say good luck and hopefully you’ll get in with a good crew who will take you under their wing and allow you to progress your knowledge and experience organically

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I don't think 4 weeks is an intensive course anyway if that's cs30/31/38/39 or the NTPC equivalent? Usually a week for cs30/31, a week for 38 and 3 days for cs39? 

Four weeks of anything, is pretty intensive  for me ? K

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/11/2020 at 09:14, Drew/Northumberland said:

Hi all, 

I'm looking to take a 4week intensive arborist course up in Scotland next year.

Im wanting to know do employers look down on the fact I've done my tickets via a fast track method? 

Going to give some local business a call to see if I can go gain some experience before then as I'm definitely not work shy. 

Greatly appreciate you're feedback. 

Thanks, 

Drew

Hello Drew

I looked at a course like this but it was in London and much much more expensive ! £2500 seems a fantastic price and I may be better travelling to Scotland if I want to do all my tickets in one go. Your very lucky to be able to afford this ? keep posting about this course will you because it helps other new starters and enjoy the courses x

On 14/11/2020 at 09:14, Drew/Northumberland said:

Hi all, 

I'm looking to take a 4week intensive arborist course up in Scotland next year.

Im wanting to know do employers look down on the fact I've done my tickets via a fast track method? 

Going to give some local business a call to see if I can go gain some experience before then as I'm definitely not work shy. 

Greatly appreciate you're feedback. 

Thanks, 

Drew

This is the price of the course in London and they charge extra for your kit ?

BE64E674-857F-456F-87AB-72512665008C.jpeg

3CE44553-7118-49D9-8179-84ACFEC56DC7.jpeg

52A2D056-19EE-45B2-858C-17841D0F5971.jpeg