Another bargain

djbobbins

Just now, Rough Hewn said:

And if you swap every part for a stihl one you’d have a decent saw! ??????

The thing is they do seem to be decent saws. If you look on the farmtecs FB pages users have had them for years and used and abused them and they do seem to hold up. 

There will always be Saw Snobs in this game but if these Farmtec saws are as good as the users seem to indicate then why not? If/when something does break replace it with a genuine component. 

Ive not got one and I cant see me getting one either, Id sooner buy a good second hand Stihl saw, but I can see why there is a market for these saws and if your livelyhood does not depend on it then why not? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I think it was RoughHewn who posted a video a while ago of Stihl testing a fake saw against a real one on things like handle breakages, etc.

Chinese chain brake handle just pinged off, which isn't a lot of good if you would rather the chain brake was applied when you hit it.

Of course the irony being Stihl make a lot of their saws in China. :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

The thing is they do seem to be decent saws. If you look on the farmtecs FB pages users have had them for years and used and abused them and they do seem to hold up. 

There will always be Saw Snobs in this game but if these Farmtec saws are as good as the users seem to indicate then why not? If/when something does break replace it with a genuine component. 

Ive not got one and I cant see me getting one either, Id sooner buy a good second hand Stihl saw, but I can see why there is a market for these saws and if your livelyhood does not depend on it then why not? 

The FarmerTec etc are real saws many are finding ok and Genuine Stihl isn't always the greatest thing since sliced Bread! How many Pigs have they made? Be it saws or Strimmers also toys ive a pair of Heavy duty cutters the fixing bolt they hinge on isn't long enough to reach the nylon part in the nylock nut! and can't get the bump rubber which stops them over closing!

Stihl litre bottles of blue 2 stroke oil can't close top down properly to stop it leaking as just a soft threaded part of bottle so leaks everywhere and your only using a tiny amount each time so bottle needs to last a fair while!

yet Chain oil which you most likely use in one has a proper plastic bottle! Go Figure!

• Like 1

Just now, AngrySquirrel said:

The FarmerTec etc are real saws many are finding ok and Genuine Stihl isn't always the greatest thing since sliced Bread! How many Pigs have they made? Be it saws or Strimmers also toys ive a pair of Heavy duty cutters the fixing bolt they hinge on isn't long enough to reach the nylon part in the nylock nut! and can't get the bump rubber which stops them over closing!

Stihl litre bottles of blue 2 stroke oil can't close top down properly to stop it leaking as just a soft threaded part of bottle so leaks everywhere and your only using a tiny amount each time so bottle needs to last a fair while!

yet Chain oil which you most likely use in one has a proper plastic bottle! Go Figure!

Yeh, being made in China is not really a valid argument when Stihl makes some of their saws there. And lets not forget your iphone is made there to. Its all down to quality control and materials used. 

Some very nasty copies made in China, or Pakistan, or where ever are made out of cheese and die just looking for them. It seems like Farmtec are perhaps a different class? They have a huge following in the US and there is dealers in the US, Canada and the UK. 

• Like 2

Those Scam ones are mostly by pikeys in vans did/do same with power tools. You wanna buy some Makita mister?

They sold Makita.Dewalt and more but was Nu Tool type gear.

Mind many say about Copy stuff! Remember when got lectured about Jap Crap! Funny most of there gear is better than Made in england! if it wasn't for them we'd still be riding BSA Bantams but might have changed colour by now!

We make JCB trash way over rated poorly made plus lots is Chinese parts also.

We had a brand new 360 first day Urinated it's hydraulic fluid all over the floor hire co's fitter had to do open heart surgery on xmas eve and said very common as connections not done up tight. and even after still had issues.

We bought a Kubota be great knocks JCB into a cocked hat!

Was watching vid on you tube guy was picking up a brand new 9tonne 360 commented on them then once JCB guy had loaded it and chaining down found it Urinating all it's coolant!

Guy i know up road that drives machines was talking to last night about them said they had a new JCB machine in big one first day blew turbo unit up £5k repair job!

6 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Yeh, being made in China is not really a valid argument when Stihl makes some of their saws there. And lets not forget your iphone is made there to. Its all down to quality control and materials used. 

Some very nasty copies made in China, or Pakistan, or where ever are made out of cheese and die just looking for them. It seems like Farmtec are perhaps a different class? They have a huge following in the US and there is dealers in the US, Canada and the UK. 

They have a Carb Factory in China for Stihl/husky.

Yep. I’m a saw snob.!!!!!!
I want a saw with functioning safety features!!!
I’d rather spend an extra few hundred quid and know I’ve bought a machine with legal recompense.
Just not stupid or desperate enough to want a fake saw.
I mean...
What could go wrong??????
[emoji106]