Arboricultural book recommendation

SamanthaSunny

28 minutes ago, AA Teccie (Paul) said:

Equally useful from a technical perspective.

From an employability perspective, the practical skills qualifications are considered more valuable tbh, and understandably, but always useful to know “why” you ‘natural target prune’ at tree as well as “how.” 
ATB

Paul

I know it’s just impossible for me to leave my current job as I have a mortgage so I am studying at home and have to do all my tickets privately with various instructors over the next year. I am really excited about the practical aspect and cannot wait for to get all my tickets ? then I can follow the career I really want. I’m very jealous of any apprentices out there learning as they go and I hope they realise just how fortunate they are ? thanks again Paul you have been very kind.

1 hour ago, jfc said:

To fell a tree by Jeff jepsom, great intro and still find useful stuff in it.

Gerry beranek book is really good but quite old and maybe better for someone with experience looking to widen their skill set.

J.

That’s great jfc that sounds more like it ?? I always wondered how you decided where to cut etc and why ? I have sooooo many questions it’s frustrating !!! I am currently sat with a lap top learning how to use Microsoft word for my college work ??‍♀️ I would much rather be outside learning from a tree surgeon ?

Thank you 

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Don't take notice ( other than as a reference ) any old books that show " flush cutting " and painting wounds  ( the norm when I started ) . Its all moved on from there Sam .

Thanks Stubby x I did find one of the books recommended on a PDF which only cost 20 usd and downloaded that ? it was from a website called Educatedclimber.com and he also said things change daily and you never stop learning so I followed that page and signed up for the latest. I must say though I do love this site and your all very helpful and friendly so I’m a wee bit addicted ?

370F9D31-ADA5-42BA-BCA3-8A63A587A4A5.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

If you are after practical side of things.

The Fundamentals of General Treework by Jerry Beranek is the bible.

Sadly it is out of print and at one point some were going on Amazon and eBay for silly money.  400usd at one point.

BUT

Someone has released a pdf version which I think it is about 20usd.

IMO it is a must for anyone working in the practical side of the tree industry.

He also has a Working Climber DVD set which is very good.

Hello I just wanted to Thankyou for the PDF tip ?? I found it on a site called Educatedclimber.com and it was only 20 usd as you said ?

• Like 1