Head Torch Recommendations?

Spruce Pirate

These are cheap but good, not the most comfortable compared to more expensive offerings but not bad. You can adjust between flood and spot light. Hi and low settings plus a silly annoying strobe. The rechargeable battery lasts ages. Mine is now going into its 2nd winter at work and also gets used in the workshop so hasn’t had a clean easy life. I reckon it was good value for money.

Thanks for all the replies, not sure I'm any further forward as everyone has their own preferences! ?

I should also add it needs to be waterproof - it's for use in Scotland, not the wettest part of Scotland, but still pretty wet for a large proportion of the time.  Predominantly used outside so a good water resistant rating considered essential!

• Like 1

Bought two of these and they great.

Only buy rechargeable now, can’t be done with batteries.

On 28/10/2020 at 15:51, Will C said:

These are cheap but good, not the most comfortable compared to more expensive offerings but not bad. You can adjust between flood and spot light. Hi and low settings plus a silly annoying strobe. The rechargeable battery lasts ages. Mine is now going into its 2nd winter at work and also gets used in the workshop so hasn’t had a clean easy life. I reckon it was good value for money.

I have that exact one. My only problem is I've lost the charger cable! ???‍♂️

• Sad 1

Bought two of these and they great.
WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK
Shop LED Head Torch, OMERIL USB Rechargeable Headlamp with Super... Only buy rechargeable now, can’t be done with batteries.

How long does the battery last ?
It’s a good price isn’t it though

I treated myself to the Fenix 65 dual beam. Waterproof , rechargeable , 3 light level settings for the spot or the flood beam and simple battery indicator . Better than my previous Petzls I have to say.

WWW.GOOGLEADSERVICES.COM

<h3>Description</h3><ul><li>Fenix HM65R is a headlamp with IP68 rated protection that suits for close-in and long-distance illumination. Uses white and neutral white LED's, delivering a max output of 1400 lumens, a max beam distance of 163 meters, and

Get a Coast headtorch. They are expensive, but the best. I have had loads of different makes. HL27 is an excellent all rounder, I have had mine for many years. Have just bought an HL8R for this winter and it is a beast. Extremely bright and the rechargeable battery seems to last 8-9 hours on full beam. I read that LED Lenser are the same quality so I bought one of those last winter, but it was rubbish compared to the Coast.

On 28/10/2020 at 08:42, Lazurus said:

Olight are a good company with quality products but I cannot comment on the head torches but every thing else I have had is top drawer.

Best headtorch I've had, ally body, waterproof and magnetic charger to usb , worth the cost seems bombproof still ~two years in