New harness

jamesd

I am after a new harness and just wondered what people are going for? I am slim guy so need something a bit smaller and not too bulky. My favourite harness use to be a treeflex but they are no longer made. Is there something similar on the market now? The treehog harness looks pretty similar to be fair, but not heard much about them.

Cheers,

James.

Depends what you're doing with it? If you're not in the saddle a lot then the treehogs are fine. Good quality and get the job done. They don't have a lot of storage or configurations and if you're in the harness a lot then I found the TH5000 to dig in on the legs and not be comfortable if you have to wait for anything or sit in the harness for anything more than a few minutes. I just got a Treemotion EVO and it's night and day, however, so is the price. Only thing you need to look at is getting one with hip d's as well as waist d's if you have to conform to the new double rope standards as the waist D's don't class as a tie in point unless you're on spikes.

Also the TH5000 is sold under a load of different names. Here it's about £80 cheaper but minus one attachment ring which you could add two large DMM rings for £18 odd quid which will give you more room 

WWW.SAFETYLIFTINGEAR.COM

Buy Tree Climbing Harness with Quick Release Buckles On SafetyLiftinGear From £116.22

Edited by Paddy1000111