What is the point of chippers?

Squaredy

20 hours ago, dan blocker said:

Squaredy, can you just not sit down instead of leaning against that big log all the time and just think about it?. I’m getting the impression people are wasting their time replying ?

Well Dan, the reason I asked the question is (as I said in my original post) I recently witnessed one being used right by me in what seemed to me a totally pointless way.  It actually added an extra step for the workers and achieved nothing good, yet caused pollution and created a hell of a racket!  I do get that on many occasions they are useful, but I wondered if there was some other compelling reason why one would be used, that I hadn't thought of.

30 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

s-l225.webpUnavailable

Whats your thought on this one gav 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

UK Potato Chipper Cutter Chopper Slicer French Fries Chip Vegetables Onion Fruit. This French Fry Cutter Potato Slicer...

Mmmm yes funny thing is you have reminded me I do use a chipper at home....but it is this one....about fifty years old and still perfect....

vegomatic.jpg

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

Well Dan, the reason I asked the question is (as I said in my original post) I recently witnessed one being used right by me in what seemed to me a totally pointless way.  It actually added an extra step for the workers and achieved nothing good, yet caused pollution and created a hell of a racket!  I do get that on many occasions they are useful, but I wondered if there was some other compelling reason why one would be used, that I hadn't thought of.

Good on ya!

We should occasionally stop and take a look at what and why we do things the way we do. 

I can say, directly as a result of your post, I’ve re-thought the proposals for a Beech dismantle I went to look at on Saturday. 

In this case it is edge of woodland, plenty of space and an environmentally ‘aware’ landowner. 

If it was a garden, fair play, it’s go through the chipper and away (and that was the auto-setting for this one) track the chipper in, bosch it all through and leave a chip pile - but why bother if there’s no need?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Good on ya!

We should occasionally stop and take a look at what and why we do things the way we do. 

I can say, directly as a result of your post, I’ve re-thought the proposals for a Beech dismantle I went to look at on Saturday. 

In this case it is edge of woodland, plenty of space and an environmentally ‘aware’ landowner. 

If it was a garden, fair play, it’s go through the chipper and away (and that was the auto-setting for this one) track the chipper in, bosch it all through and leave a chip pile - but why bother if there’s no need?

Glad to be of service!  And well done for questioning yourself.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Call call Squaredy a sheep lover from wales but not an idiot you knob have a little respect.Always talks sense and runs a damn good setup (prick)

Wow..is there really any need for you to reply in that kind of way? I remember not so long ago on this site you would have been given a warning by now or even banned..if you need to reply in that way send a pm to the guy as i’am sure most other people on here don’t want to read reply’s like yours.

• Like 3