Bandsaw mill

hawk eye

Currently looking for a a new static bandsaw mill, milling mostly Oak some soft wood, only small scale to add extra income to the forestry business. Lots of experience on an older norwood band mill all manual. 

Currently looking at logosol b1001 with engine (must have an engine) with some hydraulic options if possible. Large infeed of 85-100cm + handy. The logosol 1001 seems to be the best fit, best for the money. 

Hydraulic toe board, Turner and clamp would be great, only some of this available on the logosol which can be added at a later date (bolt on) 

Woodland mills look to small, bit flimsy, trak met don't have engine for the size I'm looking for (they say, didn't seem to want to sell one, and all gets quite expensive with the add ons to the base unit) woodmizer lt40 nice but expensive. Any others out there worth considering?  Opinions? 

Also has anyone ever made a hydraulic log turner for a band mill? 

Any help much appreciated

Thanks 

I have the Logosol B751. I dont have any of the add-on features that you're looking for but what I can say is its a very well thought out Mill. Well designed, a lot of adjustments and very solid construction. 

Ive just bought the manual winch/log turner. Its super solid and does a great job of turning big logs. I understand you want hydraulics though. 

IMG_9545.jpg

• Like 2

I’ve been assisting a friend milling with his Logosol b1001 recently.
He’s got the smart set too but not set up yet.
It’s an incredible piece of kit.
Great motors ,materials and engineering.
I’ll be upgrading to a bandsaw one day, this is the one I’ll be getting.
[emoji106]

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hawk eye said:

Currently looking for a a new static bandsaw mill, milling mostly Oak some soft wood, only small scale to add extra income to the forestry business. Lots of experience on an older norwood band mill all manual. 

Currently looking at logosol b1001 with engine (must have an engine) with some hydraulic options if possible. Large infeed of 85-100cm + handy. The logosol 1001 seems to be the best fit, best for the money. 

Hydraulic toe board, Turner and clamp would be great, only some of this available on the logosol which can be added at a later date (bolt on) 

Woodland mills look to small, bit flimsy, trak met don't have engine for the size I'm looking for (they say, didn't seem to want to sell one, and all gets quite expensive with the add ons to the base unit) woodmizer lt40 nice but expensive. Any others out there worth considering?  Opinions? 

Also has anyone ever made a hydraulic log turner for a band mill? 

Any help much appreciated

Thanks 

Currently running a WM130 on a home made trailer. I looked into the hyd loader and toe board option all of which I intended to fabricate myself, unfortunately covid has trashed my year financially so all this is on a hold. The 130 is quite robust in use and if it's gonna be static you can beef up the base big time to whatever strength you need. Is it inside ?? If so what about overhead craneage options for log handling ??. I've seen Andy's Logosol mill and for sure it's got some really well thought out features, in some cases much better than the woodlands, 

i reckon a 130 max static on a good base with some form of log handling set up be it crane or hydraulic etc would work well. Static set up should be much easier to sort hyd options for as you ain't worrying about how it transports or stows. You could construct a heavy base frame and use that as the strong points for any log handling aids. Could be a good project to get into. What power source if any do you have nearby ?? Electric hyd power packs are not crazy money. 

• Like 1

I upgraded from the Woodlands HM130 to the Logosol B1001 earlier in the year and to be honest I wish I'd done it sooner.

The Woodlands is fine but (and this will upset some) I see it as an entry level machine, something to get you into milling.

The B1001 has a bigger box section rail system than the B751 (bigger price tag too) the 23HP engine makes a lot of difference especially when milling sappy softwoods.

Logosol B1001.jpg

• Like 1

Budget is the key factor here also the size of logs your looking at milling.The woodlands 130 range are a good entry mill for  professional user and a decent price,Next step up you go to the logosol b1001 because it can handle much wider logs and step up in quality.Next step up again would be the wood-mizers- or forester which have plenty of uk dealers.

Trak mets are great but only 1 uk middle man dealer on no stock

Look at the logosolb1001  but instead of using hydraulics maybe a folk lift option to load the logs.

Entry level 1 6k+ 

Entry level 2 10k+

Entry level 3 +15k+ 

New saws 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1