Multi-Tip Or Green Teeth Stump Grinder Cutting Wheel? What's Your Experience?

Gardenequipment

17 hours ago, herco said:

Also never sheared a bolt of, Just use 8.8 one's. On predator 75.

Its all in the proper mounting and torquing.

Well a lot of broken of tips and execcisive waer on some teeth.

Last 3 changes welded some abrasive site on Them winch seems tot help.

Thank you for your reply, it's appreciated.

That's amazing as I thought on a Predator 75, having the extra power, I thought you might break more bolts. I've often wondered if a soft bolts may not be so brittle and less likely to break, just a thought.

Out of interest how do you find your Predator 75, I don't think you can buy this machine you any more, just the 56 hp model?

Have a good weekend.

Roy

Predator 360 grinder looks more manageable, anyone recommend them?
The good thing about the Predator 360 is the turntable, it is easier to spin that than most small grinders which lock one wheel and roll the other back and forth in the grindings. For this reason I think it's the best one to have if you're getting a 13hp pedestrian. The handle also folds in so you can get it down narrow passages.

I've used the 460 for a day, I found the extra power over the 360 noticeable and the motorised drive saves a lot of shoulder and back ache. If there's room I would hire that every time.

I think the bad thing about Predators is the build quality isn't brilliant, they are cheaper than for example FSI and I think to an extent built down to the price.

All depends how much you're going to use it. I'm happy at the moment with my strategy of hiring the best machine for the job and letting Ben Burgess worry about the grinder breakdowns.
  • Like 1

I’ve used many different grinders and can’t fault predator the machines have been good to me as has the parts availability, the back up with technical issues has been service second to none.

the drive on the 460 is excellent, it can be got through doors at a 45deg angle but it takes 2 people to lift it into that position and keep it there, it’s not ideal if you need to do it all the time ?

the 28 and 38 will get into most places and I think take some beating.

remember smashing timber apart is hard on any kit, they will all break at some point. Don’t focus on the odd break down focus on how it’s sorted, that’s what makes the difference ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gardenequipment said:

Thank you for your reply, it's appreciated.

That's amazing as I thought on a Predator 75, having the extra power, I thought you might break more bolts. I've often wondered if a soft bolts may not be so brittle and less likely to break, just a thought.

Out of interest how do you find your Predator 75, I don't think you can buy this machine you any more, just the 56 hp model?

Have a good weekend.

Roy

cant speak for the 56, but the 50 vs 75 is a world of diffirence! almost 2 times as fast.

not happy with the track gear though, it is the same as the 50 , its is seriously underpowerd.

one of these days will put other base below it , lager assymetrical tracs ,longer tracs, stronger drivetrain motors and 10 cm more groundclaerence.

also engine is not rated to work on steep slopes

when the machine is worn out ill look into a lighter mahine for the smaller jobs and for larger jobs id go with a system that enables working on slopes, fast swappeble attachements ( stumpgrinder, smal forestry mulcher, winch)

something like the pfanzelt moritz but with more HP.

Moritz price is outrageous though.

bernard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find the jo beau easier on the lads as no lifting or going through doors at angles it all adds up to risk of injury lifting heavy machines and time wasted when one machine will just drive through and take all the hard physical effort out of the job meaning the lads aren’t knackered or injured from fighting with a machine. That is only my experience having used the predator jo beau and fsi many times, you get what you pay for in my opinion and if the lads aren’t knackered they will be more productive and happier for you so you get more done.

On 27/11/2020 at 21:47, herco said:

cant speak for the 56, but the 50 vs 75 is a world of diffirence! almost 2 times as fast.

not happy with the track gear though, it is the same as the 50 , its is seriously underpowerd.

one of these days will put other base below it , lager assymetrical tracs ,longer tracs, stronger drivetrain motors and 10 cm more groundclaerence.

also engine is not rated to work on steep slopes

when the machine is worn out ill look into a lighter mahine for the smaller jobs and for larger jobs id go with a system that enables working on slopes, fast swappeble attachements ( stumpgrinder, smal forestry mulcher, winch)

something like the pfanzelt moritz but with more HP.

Moritz price is outrageous though.

bernard

Thank you for your reply Bernard.

I've always liked the idea of a hydraulic driven cutting head, no belts to tighten! An extra 25 hp is quite a bit more horsepower. I had a Predator 56 on demonstration about a year ago, I felt there wasn't a huge amount of difference between the petrol 38 and the 56 model. I would have thought Predator would have been better off making a more powerful machine to justify the extra cost. I know that to drive a hydraulic motor you do lose a bit of horsepower which to me makes the difference between the two machines even smaller, especially for the extra and considerable cost involved.

Can you have the hydraulic pump turned up to increase the track power, or is this not possible?

Have a great week.

Roy

On 30/11/2020 at 07:31, Gardenequipment said:

Thank you for your reply Bernard.

I've always liked the idea of a hydraulic driven cutting head, no belts to tighten! An extra 25 hp is quite a bit more horsepower. I had a Predator 56 on demonstration about a year ago, I felt there wasn't a huge amount of difference between the petrol 38 and the 56 model. I would have thought Predator would have been better off making a more powerful machine to justify the extra cost. I know that to drive a hydraulic motor you do lose a bit of horsepower which to me makes the difference between the two machines even smaller, especially for the extra and considerable cost involved.

Can you have the hydraulic pump turned up to increase the track power, or is this not possible?

Have a great week.

Roy

experimented a bit last week, seems like the valve block is restricting the oil flow a lot , when used direct the tracs have a lot more power an it drives way faster.

im thinking the valveblock is out of proportion to the oil flow, bigger block costs around €2500 though

• Like 1