Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
polish pete

cheap 40-50cc saw

Recommended Posts

 Hi everyone,

 I'm looking to buy a general groundie, small felling saw that my subbies can use. I'm fed up with one of the guys coming with another ebay saw that takes him half an hour to start just to blow up after a couple of hours. Something hard to break and easy to fix. It would be nice if it was Stihl or Husky so I can maybe use bars, chains from my usual saws but I'm open to any suggestions- Echo, Makita. Something around 40,50cc good enough to fell 15" trees and cross cut.

 cheers

 

 Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makita/Dolmar EA5000 would suit your needs. Nice basic and robust saw, love mine for those qualities. Has done a lot of hard work with no complaints.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U can get those wee stihls pretty cheap 170s or 180s, most of the local fencers round here abuse the hell out of them and they keep on going.

Be a bit small to run a 15" bar but runs 13 no probs, esp if just occasional use.

I have a wee ms230 and it's a great wee felling saw for steep bankings and smaller timber, a fill lasts for ages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Woodwizzard. The Makita/Dolmar saws are great. Mine came with an 18" bar as standard and also two Oregon Chains all for £250 delivered from Amazon.de Might be worth keeping an eye out for another deal from them? 

 

https://www.amazon.de/Makita-Benzin-Kettensäge-38-kW-EA4300F38C/dp/B009NZQTH6/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2E6F97ZC1MQ5H&dchild=1&keywords=makita+ea4300f38c&qid=1603554549&sprefix=makita+ea4300f%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, polish pete said:

 Hi everyone,

 I'm looking to buy a general groundie, small felling saw that my subbies can use. I'm fed up with one of the guys coming with another ebay saw that takes him half an hour to start just to blow up after a couple of hours. Something hard to break and easy to fix. It would be nice if it was Stihl or Husky so I can maybe use bars, chains from my usual saws but I'm open to any suggestions- Echo, Makita. Something around 40,50cc good enough to fell 15" trees and cross cut.

 cheers

 

 Peter

06A4FE90-D157-4EFF-BB7B-EA4D45D25840.thumb.jpeg.5646499a115dccb9b7d7a893c4627dac.jpegHad this off Andrew at AJS saws and axes,great little saw its an EA4300 and got loads of power for a little saw

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gary112 said:

06A4FE90-D157-4EFF-BB7B-EA4D45D25840.thumb.jpeg.5646499a115dccb9b7d7a893c4627dac.jpegHad this off Andrew at AJS saws and axes,great little saw its an EA4300 and got loads of power for a little saw

Thats what I have, It really picks up after the muffler mod. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, drinksloe said:

U can get those wee stihls pretty cheap 170s or 180s, most of the local fencers round here abuse the hell out of them and they keep on going.

Be a bit small to run a 15" bar but runs 13 no probs, esp if just occasional use.

I have a wee ms230 and it's a great wee felling saw for steep bankings and smaller timber, a fill lasts for ages

I have 170 for coppicing,  nice and light but not enough for felling small stuff. I'll look at 230!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.