The Tragedy of HS2

sime42

Why are Boris and his team of Muppets such monumental Bell Ends?!

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Soil is being moved to new sites but ecologists question whether the process is effective.

To think that they can recreate in a couple of years something as complex as an Ancient Woodland that has taken many many centuries to evolve is just ludicrous. There are several explanations that occur to me;-

1) It illustrates a complete lack of understanding of the natural environment and is just another example of our arrogance as a species, humans

2) It illustrates a complete disregard for the natural environment

3) They, Boris and his currupt chums, think that the general public is stupid enough to believe B.S. like Translocation of an entire Ecosystem.

For the life of me I can't understand why this disastrous project is still going ahead, other than because its a money making scheme for big business and already rich and powerful individuals. It makes even less sense in light of the current Covid situation. It makes me so angry. More so because we as the general public have absolutely no say in the matter. Even though billions and billions of our money is being wasted on it. That money would be far better spent in helping mitigate the financial disaster that is the fallout from CV19.

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

Came in here to post the exact same link, found you'd already done it! Love how they are crowing about a SC coppice stump putting up a shoot as success.

That said, those photos don't look like ancient woodland to me. But HS2 is a collosal waste of OUR money.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yes total waste of resources trying to do something like this which funds could have obviously been far better utilised on other projects.unfortunately though we’re all doomed anyway in the not so distant future as the the world doesn’t have enough available land to plant the trees required to offset our carbon and halt climate change .

A complete waste of money?

So the Woodland trust says HS2 affects 44 ancient woodlands with the loss of approx 40 hectares, HS2 says it’s only 43 woods and only 39 hectares?, so it’s no where near as bad as we thought after all then?
When the route was originally confirmed and as HS2 took over the sites Travellers moved onto parts of it? To avoid long legal court cases they were paid a few thousand of our hard earned pounds to move on?, eventually it rose to 10 grand a throw??the last I heard they threw 100 big ones at the happy campers to move on??, that’s only a very small proportion of what they’re wasting, what the hell are they doing with the public’s money? Who do they think they are?

• Like 5

I wont be reading much on this post as it just winds me up HOW us as tax payers in many ways do not get a say in how our money Yes our money is spent, HS2 i think is a total waste of our money for several reasons, 1) they cant manage the rail system we have now, 2) said it will cut journey time from the north to london by 20 mins BUT how many times will this be achieved ? 3) will it get used and will it be profitable ? will we as the public ever get to know the facts n figures on how our hard earned cash used to fund HS2 is actually doing, like is it making more money to be spent on other causes ? i very much dowt that we will be just fed a total load of Bullshit as per usual,,

About 12 months ago i read a independent report on HS2 and how it was to be funded, this made some very interesting and down to earth facts, the money that is to be spent on HS2 if it was divided up between all the local councils there would be enough funds to fund the NHS properly, all care homes could be brought up to standard, all schools could be brought up to date with sufficient teachers, all council run leisure centres could be funded properly , several parts of the country that have had sever flooding could be sorted out with long term flood defences, and the one that really affects me and many other people who drive, the cart tracks that we call roads which we drive on,  all could be sorted out and made good like they where 20 years ago, there was many other facts that where stated in this report where HS2 money could of been spent on more needed projects, We now have a government that is handing out money left right and centre due to Covid-19 so it looks like the roads will have to wait another week or 2 and its not that long since we finished paying back the debt to America for WW2, and here we go again spend spend spend borrow borrow borrow, when will we ever learn never i suspect, Just let me escape to a remote desert island with Kylie and sheryl crow and that will do me,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1