impossible tree damage?

manco

Last century i crunched top of a brick gate pillar. Dismantling a Beech. Owner was '  its ok, just let insurance deal with it'  ( was gonna get brother inlaw to reset the top n repoint the pillar) went back 3 months later and he had the whole garden wall repointed,  the pillar rebuilt totally and a new gate put on ..... ?  K

Edited by Khriss
Three n half thousand quids worth ! For a mornings repair!
  • Sad 1

update to the situation.

the damage mailbox now valued at £12 by the husband, (just as abusive and aggressive as the wife)

ive now seen the video footage of us 'causing' the damage.

as predicted, its from a cctv camera on the front of the house, so maybe 40 feet away, as predicted only showing a tree falling left to right, and almost entirely obscured by the privet hedge and gatepost.

I pointed out the felling direction from the gob and back cut on the stump, pointed out the tree we used as a redirect for the rope, pointed out the corrosion, and the lack of damage to the top of the mailbox, and my 23 years experience felling trees.

still the same aggression that we clearly caused the damage because "look you can see the bush move".

update to the situation.
the damage mailbox now valued at £12 by the husband, (just as abusive and aggressive as the wife)
ive now seen the video footage of us 'causing' the damage.
as predicted, its from a cctv camera on the front of the house, so maybe 40 feet away, as predicted only showing a tree falling left to right, and almost entirely obscured by the privet hedge and gatepost.
I pointed out the felling direction from the gob and back cut on the stump, pointed out the tree we used as a redirect for the rope, pointed out the corrosion, and the lack of damage to the top of the mailbox, and my 23 years experience felling trees.
still the same aggression that we clearly caused the damage because "look you can see the bush move".

£12.
?????????????

I’m not exactly the Jeff Bezos of the arb world, but here’s what I’d be tempted to do.

Arrange to meet on site.

Ask them to stand back.

Hit the top of the mailbox with a splitting maul, full bore.

Agree that it’s definitely bolloxed now.

Throw a £50 note on the floor.

Walk away smiling.

• Like 10
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

I’m not exactly the Jeff Bezos of the arb world, but here’s what I’d be tempted to do.

Arrange to meet on site.

Ask them to stand back.

Hit the top of the mailbox with a splitting maul, full bore.

Agree that it’s definitely bolloxed now.

Throw a £50 note on the floor.

Walk away smiling.

Ever the diplomat, Bolam.

• Haha 1