impossible tree damage?

manco

am I right in thinking the substantial log we left behind is legally the property of the householder? and that if he chooses to roll it into the middle of the road from where I left it against his front fence that its not my responsibility?

any opinions or comments regarding any other brash or debris left behind from work carried out on the job?

6 minutes ago, manco said:

am I right in thinking the substantial log we left behind is legally the property of the householder? and that if he chooses to roll it into the middle of the road from where I left it against his front fence that its not my responsibility?

any opinions or comments regarding any other brash or debris left behind from work carried out on the job?

Don't know, was it in the contract that you would remove all waste?

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

I’m not exactly the Jeff Bezos of the arb world, but here’s what I’d be tempted to do.

Arrange to meet on site.

Ask them to stand back.

Hit the top of the mailbox with a splitting maul, full bore.

Agree that it’s definitely bolloxed now.

Throw a £50 note on the floor.

Walk away smiling.

Literally made me laugh out loud

3 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:
12 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:
Don't know, was it in the contract that you would remove all waste?

Don't think he can roll it into the middle of the road whether it belongs to him or you, that would be obstructing the highway.

You are correct, I was reading it as, "do I need to remove it", rather than how I should have read it.

I think the problem if you don't complete the whole contract is that you then may not have a contract at all. That means you're on shaky ground for leverage if they don't want to pay.

On the other hand it follows if they haven't paid you anything then it can't be your wood to take away so they have to deal with the arisings. Better legal advice needed there, maybe a legal helpline from one of your insurance policies?

It does all sound completely out of proportion to the problem, can't believe the approach they've taken. Keep Bolam's plan on the back burner it may come in....

• Haha 1

I,d be reading the contract very carefully,  and buy them a new post box put it up and finish the job and get paid for the whole job. But being careful at what the contract says. And make sure you do everything you have to.

as for leaving logs around, take pics and get permission.  Maybe have your phone recording in your hand, because It seems like they want you to fail and not get paid.

then  later send a lad round to smack that lovely new post box  with a lump of wood.?

• Like 1

update, she is now posting openly on facebook calling me arrogant, a gobshite and a cowboy, saying I "decimated" her mailbox.

currently in the middle of an email to the arb association for their input.

potentially now will be seeking legal action.

• Sad 2

It could just be they wanted someone else to get the job, but the committee decided they wanted you.

the only way is have your phone recording if you have to speak to them. “Evidence “ that your polite.  

I have a crack house in my block, and I have to record regularly, (edit, when I leave or enter) for my and anyone else’s safety ?, then in the event of a problem hopefully I’ve got it recorded.  10 times we have had someone urinate in the stairs ?
but I digress, ?
Btw.

I do hope the post person can tell the history of the box.

Edited by Wonky
Edit.