impossible tree damage?

manco

I would suggest you need a better photo. Reality is that any form of corrosion will show that it's prior damage. When aluminium is damaged it creates an oxide barrier layer that takes a considerable time to break down. Months if not years! Not overnight. That's the proof. If you say "we weren't near it" or "we didn't hit it" it's not proof. Aluminium corrosion is physical proof. 

• Like 1

Send her a formal letter on business headed paper, asking her to provide you with her evidence so that you can forward it to your insurance company to enable them to process her claim for accidental damage.

If you get the evidence, pass it on to your insurers & let them deal with. If, as I suspect she has no evidence to prove you caused the damage you'll probably hear nothing further. If she fails to provide evidence & continues to kick up a stink, send another letter on company headed paper to the committee her husband is on which sanctioned the works advising them that you will sue them for defamation if she does not cease & decist (spelling?). Might embarrass the husband to have a word.

If the husband is on the committee, do you know if he was for or against the tree works. Maybe a call & chat with other committee members or chairperson might lead to a word in an ear that could nip it all in the bud?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, otter said:

Think I would be worried that she ain't gonna pay you for the tree work at all?

He said Work is though committee so they are pay not her, have a word with insurance company ask do they need evidence of you hitting it would of thought just evidence of damage done. 

But all this for £20 mail box. 

1 minute ago, Mark Bolam said:

I certainly wouldn’t be involving insurance.

I ment ask them what would be needed so you know incase her husband is in insurance and you know what you need to know. 

To right about deadwood flying around or even live wood but would of thought it was laying near by after hitting it so he would of seen damage. 

its not nice to do and goes against everything you think but you have to look at the bigger picture

everyone has the odd shit customers, they exist, its life

buy a new one she is happy for £20. then it's done and move on

just don't stress yourself right out and the potential reputation damage for the sake of £20 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1