Climbing kit bags-what do people rate?

Treetom15

14 hours ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

I have the big arbortec bag. It’s decent, I can fit a 70m rope, harness with all the gubbins, base tie stuff, wrench stuff and a throwing line in it plus extras. I have fitted all that + a 60m line in too, when needed. 
I’m the complete opposite to treerover, I’d rather have my kit on my back. So everything in the bag and then I’ve got spare hands for a saw, rigging bag or what have you. If your ropes wet your harness is wet too, so you’re taking stuff out to dry it no matter what. 

Exactly my thoughts. I’ve always stored my climbing kit in 1 bag and it hasn’t been a problem, just looking for a decent upgrade! Have you got the waterproof arbortech bag? 

• Like 1

I've been using a bag created by someone on eBay. They're £27 and called the climber 70 bag. The person does other sizes too. They're made from ends of rolls, recycled seatbelts etc and come with gear loops. They are 90% recycled, made in the UK and are really good quality, I have 3. It has enough room for a 14mm 60m line of tuefelberger sirius, some straps, a bag of carabiners, some bits and bobs and even a flying capstan... Can't recommend them enough! 

Screenshot_20201020-173318~2.png

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Treetom15 said:

Exactly my thoughts. I’ve always stored my climbing kit in 1 bag and it hasn’t been a problem, just looking for a decent upgrade! Have you got the waterproof arbortech bag? 

Nah I think it’s the cobra. It has a cunning vent hidden behind the mesh pocket. 
I had a big black diamond before this and that was good too. Everything’s together, makes life simple. 

• Like 2

I've been using a bag created by someone on eBay. They're £27 and called the climber 70 bag. The person does other sizes too. They're made from ends of rolls, recycled seatbelts etc and come with gear loops. They are 90% recycled, made in the UK and are really good quality, I have 3. It has enough room for a 14mm 60m line of tuefelberger sirius, some straps, a bag of carabiners, some bits and bobs and even a flying capstan... Can't recommend them enough! 
678587231_Screenshot_20201020-1733182.thumb.png.3fca756d8121f58fccf895ca32fab765.png

Yep thems the ones. I bought one for £27 and now also own 3 .
Built to last and reinforced if you ask.
Also self supporting .
I love ‘em

https://www.instagram.com/rescuedfromlandfill

I like the Climber35’s which will fit 60m of 12mm rope comfortably
  • Like 1

I have the big arbortec bag. It’s decent, I can fit a 70m rope, harness with all the gubbins, base tie stuff, wrench stuff and a throwing line in it plus extras. I have fitted all that + a 60m line in too, when needed. 
I’m the complete opposite to treerover, I’d rather have my kit on my back. So everything in the bag and then I’ve got spare hands for a saw, rigging bag or what have you. If your ropes wet your harness is wet too, so you’re taking stuff out to dry it no matter what. 

Your harness never gets as unusably wet and unenjoyable as your rope though ! [emoji26]
Also if you use different ropes you just pick out the one you want for that task .

Also if I’m just wanting to strop into a little pruning job I’m just lugging the harness bag with hand saws/ secateurs etc and not a rope I don’t need .

We’re all different though [emoji1307]

On 20/10/2020 at 17:34, Paddy1000111 said:

Screenshot_20201020-173318~2.png

Cracking job. Nice to see inovation  ?  K

I've got the Courant bag the rolls out flat. It's impressive what I can fit in there. As a subby climber I wanted everything in a bag that was comfy to carry.

On any day I've got 2 ropes and climbing systems (45 and 20 metre), harness with hand saw lanyard and rope guide, srt kit, axe and a couple of

Wedges, a few small slings and pulleys and a double throw like kit.

The bag cost just over £100 I think