Will Covid kill your business ?

donnk

53 minutes ago, naturarbo said:

finally someone complained about brexit, here south portugal that has rocked the economy.

90%of my clients where uks, now had to look into other markets

Ah, are you a recent arrival at ArbTalk naturarbo??

If so, I may need to break some bad news....

My “complaining” about Brexit was heavily marinaded in irony. 

I remain and have always been very firmly in the pro Brexit camp. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Ah, are you a recent arrival at ArbTalk naturarbo??

If so, I may need to break some bad news....

My “complaining” about Brexit was heavily marinaded in irony. 

I remain and have always been very firmly in the pro Brexit camp. 

to me that closed lots of doors, but to uk also...just remember I live in a place where UK was big

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, naturarbo said:

to me that closed lots of doors, but to uk also...just remember I live in a place where UK was big

OK bud, all the Brexit stuff has been done to death in the plethora of previous Brexit threads so best not open that box again here - we’ll get banned or booed off the forum ?

That said, I am genuinely interested to hear how you interpret the “Brexit effect” and how it has effected you / your area - just not in this thread. 

I had an invite for Portuguese Grand Prix which is just 10 mins away from my mates villa (I’m not a GP fan but would have suffered through if it wasn’t for C19)

Sadly covid is killing my buisness as most of our sales,commissions came from country fairs ,shows etc doing chainsaw carving demos so no events no sales we have been lucky and had those 2 big tables we posted pics of but now thats it order book is empty ,hopefully we will do some timber sales when my new mill is built up ,but need some work coming in to pay rent on the yard ,advertising timber sales etc etc

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

OK bud, all the Brexit stuff has been done to death in the plethora of previous Brexit threads so best not open that box again here - we’ll get banned or booed off the forum ?

That said, I am genuinely interested to hear how you interpret the “Brexit effect” and how it has effected you / your area - just not in this thread. 

I had an invite for Portuguese Grand Prix which is just 10 mins away from my mates villa (I’m not a GP fan but would have suffered through if it wasn’t for C19)

is that GP 24-5th october?if you get here, drop a note, lets meet 4 beer, I live half an hour from the track..Should I start a “Brexit effect”thread????

2 hours ago, naturarbo said:

is that GP 24-5th october?if you get here, drop a note, lets meet 4 beer, I live half an hour from the track..Should I start a “Brexit effect”thread????

It was that GP.  Not going though...  Couldn't afford the time penalty of a potential quarantine on return, couldn't justify 'not essential' travel at the moment and not overly interested in GP.  

Under different circumstances I WOULD have jumped at the chance of some late sun, cold beer and hot chicks though.

Prob best not start a new Brexit thread - not sure it would generate much interest -  might be worth piggy-backing on a well established pre-existing one though:

Been a manic year for us, our second year running and got 1 spare week to fill in mid December and that's this year booked up. It's tough to gauge if we have done something right or the rona has just made the industry thrive. It's hard to make any business decisions in terms of buying new equipment or expanding because we don't know what is around the corner. On the other hand I think we are in quite a resilient industry when it comes down to it. Don't overstretch, keep a few pennies in the bank and I think most with muddle through :)

Edited by Conorjm10
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been my busiest year since I started the business. Ever since lockdown in March it's been full on. Much quieter now thankfully. I'm pretty sure many people have been spending their furlough money and saved a lot on not going out and not having their holidays abroad. I have also heard landscapers been very busy and I have noticed homeowners having house improvements when we arrive. They deffo are spending money.