Will Covid kill your business ?

donnk

3 hours ago, maybelateron said:

Been trading nearly 20 years and we are at the busiest we have ever been. Any newly accepted jobs won't be done until January unless they are little gap fillers. I think most teams in our area are finding the same.

Would'nt mind that much work in front of me. I usually happy with a few weeks for stress levels. Been 6-8 weeks ahead all year. 

Bloody hard work with the customers winging it's a long time and when are you coming...

How do you manage it so far ahead? I've even started missing days out quoting as not to get too far ahead.

• Like 3

Been trading nearly 20 years and we are at the busiest we have ever been. Any newly accepted jobs won't be done until January unless they are little gap fillers. I think most teams in our area are finding the same.

Same up North, we ain’t got enough days in the week, booked up into the back of January.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Khriss said:

Actually think that will spur on business even more Kev,  only downside is banks will be more arsey on loans . K

Prob’s K. 

Im a bit old fashioned (in many respects) but esp money. 

No doubt it’s held me back but I don’t want Bank (or Gov’t Covid) money. 

I DO want a tracked MEWP though and I’m well on the way to getting the dosh set aside to buy the bstard - if Brexit doesn’t bung a load extra on top (bloody Brexit!)

4 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Been busier than a 3 legged cat trying to bury turds on a frozen lake. 

What happens when the redundancies kick in and the money dries up is a question for next year. 

Aye.

Make hay when the sun shines.

3 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Aye.

Make hay when the sun shines.

Rough times ahead Mark. 

The Rona may simply have accelerated the inevitable. 

Why the great minds of government (all sides) didn’t grasp the opportunity of ‘real’ change will, I think, come back to haunt us. 

The greatest opportunity for UBI has passed us by without any great notice or apparent interest from Westminster. 

40 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Prob’s K. 

I DO want a tracked MEWP though and I’m well on the way to getting the dosh set aside to buy the bstard - if Brexit doesn’t bung a load extra on top (bloody Brexit!)

Get a MEWP n save yr knees like t'old Openspaceman there ? K

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Rough times ahead Mark. 

The Rona may simply have accelerated the inevitable. 

Why the great minds of government (all sides) didn’t grasp the opportunity of ‘real’ change will, I think, come back to haunt us. 

The greatest opportunity for UBI has passed us by without any great notice or apparent interest from Westminster. 

Aye, I think you're right.

UBI is inevitable. Capitalism can't function without it.

Or, they're a bunch of disaster capitalists who can flee the country like rats.

It's a sorry state of affairs.

17 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Prob’s K. 

finally someone complained about brexit, here south portugal that has rocked the economy.

90%of my clients where uks, now had to look into other markets

• Sad 1