Broken

bigtreedon

I can't tell what it is, presumably part of a loader?

Some castings weld better than others, you could try to stick weld it back on, and then reinforce it with some steel wrapped around. Otherwise cut the bracket away and make a new part to spread the load, which you then bolt on. Depends if you have room to make it a bit bigger than the original to get the strength back up.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, HuntingHicap said:

Just cut it off completely and weld a replacement bush on there. Doubt if it is cast, probably just looks like it from the way it has broken.

Def that. Actually don't look enuff meat on it in the first place  ?  K

Edited by Khriss
Is why i bought a Mag drill n broaches, just find a slab of steel. Broach the right size hole in it and angle growl it to shape.
  • Like 1

Would say it's cast steel not iron so a good welder should be able to stick weld it, 

Had an auger touque post hole borer drive unit which came with weld on ears (lugs) to mount it took them to a fabrication company near me they said cast steel and said they had one employee that could weld them on a bit of steel, used dissimilar rods. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigtreedon said:

Any advice on how/if this can be mended its cast unfortunately much appreciated broke while not concentrating yesterday IMG-20201018-WA0000.jpegIMG-20201018-WA0007.jpegIMG-20201018-WA0001.jpeg

It’s not cast but don’t use mild steel plate just cut it square and weld on a new one, measure carefully as small changes in dimensions alter the way the head stock moves

made a Avant head stock for my Cormidi loader 

what were you doing to tear it out?

It’s not cast but don’t use mild steel plate just cut it square and weld on a new one, measure carefully as small changes in dimensions alter the way the head stock moves
made a Avant head stock for my Cormidi loader 
what were you doing to tear it out?
Not concentrating taking it off the plant trailer [emoji30]
  • Sad 1