My New Mill

gobbypunk

Hurray  having given our mate a good send off yesterday I now have a free few days to build up my new mill it seems like am age since it arrived not sure how I am going to manage as the saw head is sooo heavy but I am sure I will really quite excited and I have a butt of brown oak to go first I think ,I am thinking about going for a bounce back loan to get a forklift and a truck/lorry if I can ,I will keep you all posted 

Cheers Mark

• Like 2

Hi mate yep good plan I have half a butt of monkey puzzle ,but according to Chris at woodland mills when I was bitching about not getting any free bands to dial the mill in with its all set up in the factory and it has come with a band fitted so we will soon see

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi mate yep good plan I have half a butt of monkey puzzle ,but according to Chris at woodland mills when I was bitching about not getting any free bands to dial the mill in with its all set up in the factory and it has come with a band fitted so we will soon see

Yeah it does come with a band fitted for sure but I found that changing to Ripper37s necessitated resetting the tensioning wheel to hit the sweet spot ie good alignment at the correct torque setting. It’s easy enough now but the first time it did my head in big time. If you know anyone local who has the same mill I’d see if they will give you a rundown. Not seen the newer models that may have something factory fitted, but I also made an adjuster to help align the motor if tensioning the drive belt. 

So started to assemble my mill today and I have treated 8x2 bearers for the feet and these bearers will sit on my concreate yard ,do you guys think I should put a bracket or screw them down  to stop them sliding as I roll a log up onto the mill or do you think the weight will keep it in place 

Cheers Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gobbypunk said:

So started to assemble my mill today and I have treated 8x2 bearers for the feet and these bearers will sit on my concreate yard ,do you guys think I should put a bracket or screw them down  to stop them sliding as I roll a log up onto the mill or do you think the weight will keep it in place 

Cheers Mark

100% yes. Even turning a big log will most likely move the mill around. And As you've got the Max then I'll assume thats gonna get pushed ever once in a while. 

• Like 1

Hi Andy thanks I was kinda thinking that myself but its always good to have another opinion I have some anchor resin and some 6inch brackets jobs a good un ,so looking forward to finally getting my mill up and running ,but loads of things keep delaying me off to collect a big Walnut butt this morning.  Happy Days 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Cheers Mark

Thunder bolts - predrill the timber, then masonry drill through the timber into the concrete - impact wrench Thunder bolts straight in !

• Like 2