ABC level 2 Certificate in Arboriculture Lesson 1

SamanthaSunny

1 minute ago, michael_1100uk said:

I’m currently doing this course altho through a different training provider. What’s does your 1st lesson cover? Might be different to mine.

The interaction of soil Environments and woody plants ? It looks like I have to produce a handbook from the perspective of a supervisor dealing with the subject of soil formation ! Is this what you have been asked to do ? Thanks for replying ??

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Samantha

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I found the first question / assignment a challenge at first.

In the end after much note reading i just started typing and then done further research as required. 

I'm onto section 2 now. I'm enjoying it so far but it is going to be a lot of work but I expected that. 

How are you getting on with it now?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Adam Smith said:

Hi Samantha

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I found the first question / assignment a challenge at first.

In the end after much note reading i just started typing and then done further research as required. 

I'm onto section 2 now. I'm enjoying it so far but it is going to be a lot of work but I expected that. 

How are you getting on with it now?

Good morning Adam ?

Its so good to know you are also working your way through this course. Can I ask how many pages you ended up with after completing your booklet or your word count  number. Also did you cite much using the Harvard system ? Well done on getting through the first section ?? Did it take you long ? I had to re learn Microsoft office first and the Harvard referencing system so I am at the beginning of section one. I have got off to a good start though but I wish they would give us clearer examples of a preferred word count so I do not do more than is required ??‍♀️ One more question sorry ??‍♀️ How many hours did it take you to complete the first section ? 
kindest regards Samantha ?

51 minutes ago, Toad said:

Worth learning how Word etc does referencing and keeps track of figures and tables as it saves a lot of hassle down the line. Difficult to apply halfway through. 

I love your username and Thankyou ? word is a great tool if you know how to use it. I think the best thing about it is the microphone ? you just press it and it types everything you said ?