Best stump grinders out there

Chalky

I can’t fault Predator. There machines have been faultless for us. They get in just about anywhere. The grinding depth is one of the best out there, some will say that doesn’t matter but sat on 6 inch of grindings and being 6 inch from the bottom of the stump is frustrating - I think so any way.

when stuff has gone wrong ( only ever minor things) the guys at predator have been with us all the way, there service and parts delivery have been faultless, we wouldn’t go any where else for a grinder at the moment.

remember every machine will break down one day, it’s the quality of service that matters that day. Last time ours did, Simon and Dan at predator we’re on the fone helping sorting it and a simple part we needed was with us in under 24hrs. 

we have been using predators for about the last 5 years and no complaints.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

We’ve hired a grinder in for years so tried a few, but we’ve just bought our first one an FSI B22. It’s the narrow access one with the powered wheels. Got so say we’ve been really impressed with it so far. 

Only had one issue to date, a small grub screw that pinches the throttle cable must have vibrated out. Guess it’s a common thing as it’s one of the few replacement parts listed on Spectrums site. 

like I say, only had it about 3 months but done some pretty big stuff and it’s coped well. Perfect machine size for us as it drives straight up the ramps into our tipper and suits Sheffield’s tight access gardens well.  

FSI b22 

Awesome machine. i ran predators for years, had a 450 and  460.

Good but flimsy. Ate belts and guards at a stupid rate and the cable system is beyond useless.

Had good dealings with Max who used to work there but the owner  lets just say i will leave it there.

FSI is build like a tank, havent had to change a belt or guards in nearly 2 yrs. Its a smaller engine which i was worried about but its proved its self so many times to be enough! 

Dean at Global sells the Bandits, kindly gave me a demo on a few, i didnt personally like the HB20 , but it was a more than capable machine, the ZT is a animal, just couldnt make the numbers work for me at the time otherwise id have got one. 

Hes a really sound guy so give him a shout.

Firm i'm doing work for has a number of grinders, some DanEquips, an old twin-wheeled Vermeer with hydraulic slewing head, a wheeled Rayco and a Bandit ZT.

The Bandit is the most-used by far and by all acounts a very good machine. I recently replaced the cutting wheel due to oval'd holes but it's worked hard. It's tracked, very narrow, fits through most doorways.

I'm told it's about £16k, but they rate it very highly at this firm.