New GreenMech SafeTrac 1928 Stolen

PeteB

4 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

The solution when ordering parts, is that the serial number needs to be given, and it needs to match the owner on the database, and the delivery address of whom the machine is registered to. That way, giving a serial number from another machine wont work. Come on greenmech, time to up your game on that!

Its a great idea. But there is many issues that would come with it. Machines out on hire for example. Plus the cost in admin to keep the system up to date would be loaded onto parts prices. Can imagine the swear words when the contractor is desperate for a part just before courier dispatch time and computer says no....

It's really not that difficult to set up, or adhere to without that much cost.

If a machine is on hire, then surely it's the owner of the machine that rings up for spares? I know I have to when when of my crushers goes wrong !

If we want to clamp down on this type of theft, then we really all need to work together.

• Like 4

As some one as already said it’s probably out of the country by now. As we head towards a no deal Brexit expect an upsurge in all plant, ag machinery etc being stolen because all those that have been eyeing stuff for stealing have little time to show their hand because the Border checks could put an end(hopefully) to their thieving days. Be vigilante ?. Not saying it’s all going across the channel because we have our home grown scumbags as well but a lot of stuff goes abroad, especially stuff like this safetrack which is pretty unusual outside rail work or highways.

1 hour ago, benedmonds said:

I saw a chipper on  eBay that looked very like our stolen chipper. Called the local police and they weren't interested.  It had been missing 8 or 9 years..

We had an Ifor trailer stolen a few years back.  Found it for sale a few weeks later at a car dealers about 80 miles from where we lived.  Notified plod who, on finding that we had received insurance payout, advised that it was of no interest to them and that we should contact insurers etc. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Khriss said:

Sounds like its a theives dream. So desireable and easy to find buyer. Wot are the police doing with all this camera network our tax money has paid for?  Aylesbury from memory has a modern network with plenty of coppers in cars an ANPR cameras. Werent chucked in the back of a Micra, now, was it!   K

They havent got the man power or time to check camera footage !! well thats what a guy i work with now n then was told by lancs constabulary when his 6 tonne kubota digger went walk about on a ifor williams trailer behind a silver land cruiser, footage was off house CCTV where he was working and which ever way that digger went it had to go to a Mway junction which all carry CCTV cameras, this case was given a crime number and case closed in 2 hrs,,,,,, is this the service we pay for when we pay our council tax mine says Lancs constabulary £186 but whats it for ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

They havent got the man power or time to check camera footage !! well thats what a guy i work with now n then was told by lancs constabulary when his 6 tonne kubota digger went walk about on a ifor williams trailer behind a silver land cruiser, footage was off house CCTV where he was working and which ever way that digger went it had to go to a Mway junction which all carry CCTV cameras, this case was given a crime number and case closed in 2 hrs,,,,,, is this the service we pay for when we pay our council tax mine says Lancs constabulary £186 but whats it for ????

Sadly, police see plant theft as a low priority crime. They will not investigate as half the time, it involves raiding a travellers site, and more often than not, the plant is off abroad in a shipping container.

I am surprised your mates 6 tonne digger got as far as the motorway on an ifor William's before the suspension snapped!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It typifies the problem here.  Too busy to do their actual job. Theft is a crime. But drugs gives a higher profile in media. Obvs not as much as a copper killing his bit of fluff on side. But if he spent more time chasing plant trailers an less time 'on the job'......  K

• Like 1