cone splitter on mini loader?

shillo

I went for ALL-TECH Cone Splitter 230mm with Flange to Drill rig 65mm from amazon this fitted my auger torque which I already had. It takes a bit of getting used to but I dont think its as good as I hoped, it stalls fairly easily so won't screw in any more and also won't reverse out either which is a pain but I just take it over to my normal vertical splitter and split it with that, I just wanted to split lumps of wood that the loader had put in the truck down to manageable bits that could be hand lifted onto vertical splitter but the smaller, shorter lumps do just have a tendency to rotate unless you have something to wedge them up against. I wouldn't bother again certainly wouldn't bother if I was getting the dedicated splitter. your loader might have a bit more power so might be better. I might have bought one which is too wide for my loader I think a smaller diameter might have been better. it would have split the bit on the video if I started off with it on the floor. ive just got into the habit of using it to take it to the vertical splitter which was not the original plan.