Klein spike pole gaff distributor?

Paddy1000111

Rare as rocking horse shite in uk however I have bought them off e bay or amazon from the states no trouble. I prefer my long spikes now you get used to them I upgraded my pads to the hydra cool they are a total game changer much more comfortable than the standard pads worth every penny.
My God! You can nearly buy a new set of spikes for the cost of those hydra cool pads!
  • Like 1

I've bought several sets of klein spikes over the years for less than 50quid a pop. There was a time when every power line guy in the country had a pair in the back of the van. Thinking about it that was ten plus years ago, when there were less tree surgeons scouring ebay and more wooden power poles being climbed..

Edited by tree_beard
Afterthought
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 13/10/2020 at 14:27, Paddy1000111 said:

Hopefully someone can help,

I have a set of Klein spikes with tree gaffs fitted. Does anyone know of a distributor for the pole gaffs? Climbing with tree gaffs is driving me insane as it's like walking up a tree on stilettos, not that I would know what that is like ?

Thanks!

i removed the short gaffs on my Klein spikes and fitted the longer ones which are like stilettos!  They can penetrate deep enuf to be difficult to free off your leg again,  however if you have a deep barked tree like a Redwood they provide ample security. I also use Distel Geckos which are really comfortable.