Budget Chainsaw Boots

Pogle

I've the yukon wellies.  I only wear them for an hour or two at  time while bucking logs in the garden.  I have no trouble with them but wouldn't want to walk far in them, the sole is very very stiff and I imagine they would soon be uncomfortable.  Ideal for me, but possibly not for you.

• Like 1

I just bought a pair of lavaro Sherwood's for 125, and that's for full time forestry use. So walking miles throu soaking wet and steep forestry sites

Got a pair of old fashioned stihls last year for the same money but really a size to big for me so not that comfy, but I would imagine ok if the right size ( all they had in and sick of getting wet feet in my Mendel's, not trough the leather but water over the top as so short, brilliant boot otherwise)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

I have a friend who wears the £80 Oregon leather boots one or two days a week through winter, firewood and coppicing for wildlife trust. He's very pleased with them for the money.

I've gone from Airstreams as a daily boot to Oregon Yukon and I'm very please with them. I wear them for everything, and it didnt make sense to use the Airstreams for stuff like concreting yet I still would as I'm a prima donna with workboots- very little seems to fit me comfortably.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm hard on boots- despite regular waxing I only got a year at the most out of Airstreams. I tend to get four months out of the Yukon before I say bugger it, I'll have a new pair. At £70 rather than £240 it's working out cheaper per year for me and I find them very comfortable indeed.

They'd be my first recommendation for the OP for comfort, price is a bonus. The one thing I do change straight away with a new pair is the laces- the origional laces only last a couple of weeks for me. Decent waxed laces then the only other issue I sometimes have is an eylet snapping. No soles parting company- Meindl take note!

I wouldn't recommend them for a climber as they are hard to lace tight enough for support.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 13:44, Bob_z_l said:

I'm a hobby user and these are my choice.

Not too heavy and comfortable enough to walk around in all day.  The first version I had a couple of years ago (4?)  were made out of what could have been rhino hide.

These are better and take dubbin well.

WWW.FRJONESANDSON.CO.UK

The Treehog Extreme chainsaw boot combines excellent chainsaw protective properties Class 2 (24m/s) at an...

Good luck as there will be loads of opinions I'm sure.

?Don’t think they would of been made out of Rhino hide, the WWF would of had something to say about that. They’ve got enough broblems trying to protect them from poachers taking them for their horn without Arb boot manufacturers shooting them?

• Haha 2