Dmax 4x4 stuck in hi and low and cant get into 2 wheel drive

mattyboy

Sounds very much like an earthing problem. The fabrication might have cut or burn an earth wire. Wot an arse of a problem. Shouldnt have happened but its up on a lift n squinting out every earth wire n cleaning contact.  I would have wired in a separate circuit for the ram electrics  ? K

Edited by Khriss

ok its shifted out of 4h and into 2wd for first time! i was reversing and had full lock on to do a 3 point turn, mind you it has shifter itself into 4l but again i reversed in 4h with full lock and it went into 2wd. Think i will have to pay a visit to the dealer at some point but first ive got some work to catch up on!

• Like 3

ok its shifted out of 4h and into 2wd for first time! i was reversing and had full lock on to do a 3 point turn, mind you it has shifter itself into 4l but again i reversed in 4h with full lock and it went into 2wd. Think i will have to pay a visit to the dealer at some point but first ive got some work to catch up on!
Sounds very like the diffs were tight from being driven on tarmac in 4x4. Really not very good for them. Can take quite a bit of reversing and going forward on soft ground to loosen off before you can drop into 2h again
  • Like 2

It’s amazing how much some don’t know about 4wds and proceed to drive them on tarmac in The wrong gears. I tried to explain to a guy but it was like trying to do sign language to a blind person. ? 
This guy I worked with  who regularly used to drive out of fields onto tarmac and you could hear and see the tyres scrubbing, as well as things going clonk,ting,bonk as he turned the steering full. ?,

I used to knock it out of 4wd  just as I came out. 

it wasn’t long before he complained that it wouldn’t come out of 4wd. Then I had the lovely time of explaining it all over again. And said about driving on the grass verge with two wheels in fwd And then reverse. 

anyhow it maybe worth getting onto some Field and play with the 4wd in all the different combos and see what it takes to go in and out.

it will be expensive to take it to the garage for them to look and explain stuff?

I hope it all works as it should.

Edit 

i,m adding this was paragliding stuff I was talking about  not tree work.

Edited by Wonky
  • Like 1