Furrows appearing over night

gobbypunk

On 10/10/2020 at 21:26, gobbypunk said:

Hi everyone ,thanks for your thoughts I did put the boards by the woodburner to try and dry them enough to put the orbital sander on them .

I had your furrows recently on Western Red Cedar.  It was unseasoned pieces that were left by my woodburner so they went from fresh sawn to dry very quickly.  So that does seem to be the answer.  Drying too quick.

26 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi yeah I rekon you are right the mad thing is some of them disappeared when I moved them away from the woodburner area

Taking on moisture again? I'll assume being near the stove it only dried on the very top millimeter or two and was replenished through ambient moisture and from within the log as well. Balancing it all out again. 

Hi guys its bonkers I have dried boards by the burner before just so I can put the sander on them but never had big furrows before got to build a box for my kiln unit I just have so much to do sometimes it gets overwhelming I will not make a list ,hey now theres a topic "My To Do List "