Kawasaki KHS750B run / cutout issues

flintlockandsteel

When you test the spark, do it in subdued light and pull the engine over hard as sometimes, it isn't easy to see the spark. If no spark, try a new plug before trying a new coil as coils will cost a bit.

If you do get a spark, I would service the OEM carb with new diaphragms, gaskets, gauze strainer and bulb.....I would also replace all fuel lines and filter. It is usually the fuel system that fails on old strimmers as fuel filters get gunked up and fuel lines rot.

2132154759_Honda2.thumb.jpg.49226fdf210cbf07868afd45f0f38b6e.jpg

On 26/04/2021 at 19:38, spudulike said:

Me too, bugger, Mach 3, all go, mostly vertical on a frame made of wet spaghetti!!

I rode a mates one back in the day ( I had a VFR 750FK with a TTS 837 big bore kit at the time ) and I godda say the Kwacker went great in a strait line but handled like a broken toilet seat compared to my Honda !

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stubby said:

2132154759_Honda2.thumb.jpg.49226fdf210cbf07868afd45f0f38b6e.jpg

I rode a mates one back in the day ( I had a VFR 750FK with a TTS 837 big bore kit at the time ) and I godda say the Kwacker went great in a trait line but handled like a broken toilet seat compared to my Honda !

Had a do on a KH250 many years ago and back then it was quite quick, the same lad later got and still has it and only rides it when the sun shines and thats a Honda NSR 400 and that is a missisle on wheels, it goes very very well and handles just as good i think its a late 80s bike but will live with todays 600 750s on the B roads, i will stick with my 1954 Triton these days thanks,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

In case some young un doesn't understand.......

Ariel_Square_4_1953_cropped.jpg

The above Squariel  appears to have been manufactured the year I was born . The rear cylinders tended to over heat I remember ...Do you remember the advent of " pozzi force " lubrication on Jap 2 strokes ?  The petrol went into one tank and the 2t oil in another . Well Scott were doing that on the Scott Squirrel back in the early 30s . ( 600cc 2 stroke twin )

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2