Post lockdown pre brexit bubble or sign of the times

steve@black

People are busy round here for sure. I have been thinking the lack of holiday and other spending opportunities meant people stayed at home and looked at their trees and garden.

The job losses in the news are starting to mount up now though, I think we'll see how the next few months go but maybe everything will slow down. Then there's Christmas to think about.....

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

People are busy round here for sure. I have been thinking the lack of holiday and other spending opportunities meant people stayed at home and looked at their trees and garden.

The chap I help is getting a lot more work and it's domestic arb work but that's because we're a service industry and in my area work for the extremely wealthy. Many businesses have done well during the crisis, Tesco and Amazon profits have soared so the senior management have also done better. It's the people near the bottom that live hand to mouth that are suffering.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

The chap I help is getting a lot more work and it's domestic arb work but that's because we're a service industry and in my area work for the extremely wealthy. Many businesses have done well during the crisis, Tesco and Amazon profits have soared so the senior management have also done better. It's the people near the bottom that live hand to mouth that are suffering.

No change there then.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2020 at 06:01, devon TWiG said:

Ash die back will continue to provide work for a good few years .....

i agree,  bigger setups are flat out on ADB and even 'bottom feeders' like meself are reaping the benefits at the moment!  I see some people throwing money at bigger kit, additional vehicles etc.  I am small fry compared to the local competition but i have never been so busy.  I have 18 site visits to do over the next 2 days. Lets see how hungry we all are come Jan. 2021

• Like 1

Nothing much has changed for us, still busy and booked well ahead. Not so sure about the new year and what that will bring, decent labour is thin on the ground but I put that down to those sat at home sucking the life out of BBL and furlough payments. I would imagine when some of this stops and its payback time they will all be back out there eating each others faces off for the work.

Bob

• Like 3