Arb Pro App is it worth it???

Hi All,

Hope everyone is keeping well.

It's been a few months since I have been on here. The reason being I've been working 7 day weeks and 17 hour days. The joys of running a business aye.

I'm not complaining as thats not my style and its better to be busy than not. From the sounds of it I'm not the only one, every other company I have spoke to seams to be in the same position. I'm running 2/3 teams and am booked up until Christmas with half our work being commercial and the other half being domestic. I have a week off at the end of November but need to keep a core team running to keep up with the work load.

The reason I'm posting is I've been looking in to the ArbPro app and I'm just wondering what peoples thoughts are on it? It certainly seems like it will save a little time but at £60p/m it seems ridiculously expensive. 

I'm a little bit sceptical as I've got my own little system that works for me and I'm one of these people who thinks if it works why fix it however I do spend most evenings typing out and sending quotes and invoices, writing up RAMS and organising the day ahead. That on top of fixing tools and other crap (you all know the score).

Do any of you use ArbPro? do you find it is worth the money? How long did it take to get used to it and how easy is it to personalise to your own company?

Anything else I should know about the App? Pros/Cons. I just want some honest input as I know all I'll get a load of 'how bloody great it is from their staff.

Anyway I hope everyone is keeping well and looking forward to a winter locked away from friends and family.

Cheers Eric 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thesnarlingbadger said:

Not sure that’s why I’m asking? Think it might save me a lot of time but then I have to put the time in to get used to it and at the moment time is something I have little of.

Big commitment spooling up new software in Arb, so many checks and backups and even does the system integrate with yr clients?? Looked at a new one on here which looked promising, but I also made a system up off online form app which also worked well and easy on the user clients. Not expensive. Think it really depends on yr customer base - houseing associations and big landowner clients would prefer it as its immediately actionable. K

Big commitment spooling up new software in Arb, so many checks and backups and even does the system integrate with yr clients?? Looked at a new one on here which looked promising, but I also made a system up off online form app which also worked well and easy on the user clients. Not expensive. Think it really depends on yr customer base - houseing associations and big landowner clients would prefer it as its immediately actionable. K

Hi Khirss,

That’s for the input. Yeah that’s what I was thinking. To be honest I don’t like the idea of things being online, I would rather just have an email sent as I feel most domestic customers would prefer this old fashion system as it’s more reliable.

Maybe I’m just to long in the tooth for new tech but I’m just considering my time saving options as life’s to short and all that.

Cheers

We have been looking at it too as one of my lads has been sharing the quotating load on weeks I've had off to look after the Mrs this year, although I made some sheets up to put all the details on and kit lists on the back looking at this software would be even easier for both of us and then having all that information in one place when out of the office incase a job changes or cancels last minute without having reemes of paperwork everywhere.
Will be followed others opinions with interest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray git said:

We have been looking at it too as one of my lads has been sharing the quotating load on weeks I've had off to look after the Mrs this year, although I made some sheets up to put all the details on and kit lists on the back looking at this software would be even easier for both of us and then having all that information in one place when out of the office incase a job changes or cancels last minute without having reemes of paperwork everywhere.
Will be followed others opinions with interest

i’ve been using it for 4-5 years. i really rate it, and it certainly streamlines quoting, job sheet prep and invoicing. don’t really use the app when quoting as i think it’s rude to be messing around with a device when talking to clients so usually just make notes on a pad or diary and i still print out job sheets for the guys instead of using the other app

i’d recommend ?

• Like 1

@TheSnarlingbadger   in my work, client needed to know immediately what was going on. The web based app meant he sent crew out soon as, and crew ( allegedly) closed job on completion. It geo located and took images well. Probably no required for residential customers. Eesytree V was an upload to a server and was a nightmare, failed uploads meant jobs were not updated. Depends on yr flair fr computers but definately dont spend money on crap software as you can construct yr own system. Think Jotform cost abt 100 a year depending on how many users. K

Edited by Khriss
( Eezytree V was abt 700 squids per license per tablet !

Hi Eric, 

i work with a new software called TreePlotter JOBS, we're running a free trial until for a couple more weeks, if you'd like to give it a go - you can write estimates and send them from site, keep an inventory of your trees (if you've got estates and need to keep the database of the site), client info, sending quotes to client as a PDF or directly, print out invoices. and keep photos of your trees on the cloud. Still young in it's development compared to Arb Pro but give it a go and see if you like it. I hear from some users it's also more sleek in comparison to AP. 

Certainly any type of software which will enable you to write quotes while you're on site will definitely save you time and will eventually pay off as you become more efficient - so I've presented you another option which you can consider in your search to digitize your work process.

? have a play on www.treeplotter.com/tryjobs 

EDIT : It's down for the next 2-3 days because we're implementing stronger security but it should be up end of the week. I'll come back and edit this once its up

let me know if you'd like a tutorial on it 

Theri 

Edited by Theri
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Theri said:

Hi Eric, 

i work with a new software called TreePlotter JOBS, we're running a free trial until for a couple more weeks, if you'd like to give it a go - you can write estimates and send them from site, keep an inventory of your trees (if you've got estates and need to keep the database of the site), client info, sending quotes to client as a PDF or directly, print out invoices. and keep photos of your trees on the cloud. Still young in it's development compared to Arb Pro but give it a go and see if you like it. I hear from some users it's also more sleek in comparison to AP. 

Certainly any type of software which will enable you to write quotes while you're on site will definitely save you time and will eventually pay off as you become more efficient - so I've presented you another option which you can consider in your search to digitize your work process.

? have a play on www.treeplotter.com/tryjobs 

let me know if you'd like a tutorial on it 

Theri 

Is quite intuitive too,  if you havent used such software before,   Snarls,  K 

• Like 1