Adding hydraulic ports

Justme

Update.

Fitted bits.

Not great result so far.

With external splitter plumbed in the machine will not split & the splitter will not split either as pressure is too low.

I am assuming that both by pass valves are reducing the pressure so that neither will work.

If I plumb direct to the external splitter then that works great (better than when on the MF165 it was on).

BUT at full travel it starts to stall out the engine.

Which again I think means the bypass valve is set to high for the processor.

But not sure if bypass is active whilst its actually in use.

I have ordered a 3 way manual diverter that has an open center so during change over it does not shut of all the flow so should protect the pump.

Not sure how to fix the full travel stalling out issue just yet.

If that does not work I will then take the feed from the input to the processors splitter ram then its own bypass system should be working. I think ;) 

Hi, I am familiar with the hydraulic system of these, actually if your machine came with a petrol engine its possible I made the hydraulic system as it was usually fitted in the UK. Is yours with a couple pump?

It is not going to be easy to just add an extra outlet as you say because it will affect the movements of the machine and also some functions such as the conveyor if you add too much backpressure it will damage other components (infact I really would suggest unless you really understand how the system works don't just plumb stuff in as you can cause all sorts of issues), my advice would be to add a manual diverter so you can use the petrol powerpack to power your other splitter or the processor, but not at the same time, or even better yet, power it from its own powerpack or engine. By the time you have bought and fitted all the parts you could have just bought a used powerpack.

Edited by JimE

19 hours ago, JimE said:

Hi, I am familiar with the hydraulic system of these, actually if your machine came with a petrol engine its possible I made the hydraulic system as it was usually fitted in the UK. Is yours with a couple pump?

It is not going to be easy to just add an extra outlet as you say because it will affect the movements of the machine and also some functions such as the conveyor if you add too much backpressure it will damage other components (infact I really would suggest unless you really understand how the system works don't just plumb stuff in as you can cause all sorts of issues), my advice would be to add a manual diverter so you can use the petrol powerpack to power your other splitter or the processor, but not at the same time, or even better yet, power it from its own powerpack or engine. By the time you have bought and fitted all the parts you could have just bought a used powerpack.

This was one of the WP30's that had the later twin speed pump & bigger cut length.

Yes with petrol engine.

Whats a couple pump?

Do you mean a twin stage?

If so then yes.

I looked at power packs. They all cost a bomb plus its another bit of kit to carry.

Price wise I will have spent less than £100 on bits.

The plan is to now have a change over diverter with an open change so its never totally off during the change over (ie position 1 input to port 1, position 2 input to port 1 & 2, position 3 input to port 2) so should not lock pump up. Return is direct to the tank 3/4" bpp fitting return so after all the rest of the machine so should not cause issue (I hope).

Edited by Justme

Extra parts arrived & have now been fitted.

I can either have processor running as it was, splitter on its own or by setting the lever just right leave enough flow to keep the conveyor running as well as the splitter.

Still have the issue that hitting the end stops with ram fully in or out and holding it can stall out the engine. Not sure if a pressure relief valve works whilst the lever is being pushed / pulled or only when in the middle.

Going to try re setting its pressure to see what happens.

On the up side the cycle time is much faster & stronger than it was on the tractor hydraulics.

I can live with the end stop issue if needs be.

IMG_20201016_132520.jpg

IMG_20201016_132501.jpg

IMG_20201016_132510.jpg

3 hours ago, Al Cormack said:

Do you not use it as a splitter on its own anyway?

I use my wp36 like that for rings.

Have a bit of rope connected to the lever, so I can stand by the splitter end. Not very H&S compliant though!

Yes but there is a limit to the size that fits / you can pick up & place in the chamber.

Also with the 4 way even dropped all the way down really big stuff can be difficult as the wp30 has a lower tonnage splitter.

I have thought about upping the splitter power to the wp36 level but think its a new double pump set up & bigger ram.

I also use a pull starter cord & handle to split from the chamber.

8 hours ago, Al Cormack said:

Do you not use it as a splitter on its own anyway?

I use my wp36 like that for rings.

Have a bit of rope connected to the lever, so I can stand by the splitter end. Not very H&S compliant though!

I beg your pardon! That was very professionally fitted dont you know ?

Edited by Woodworks
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1