Adding hydraulic ports

Justme

Has anyone added hydraulic ports to a WP30 or 36?

I have to be able to split big rings using the processor as the power source.

Preferably switched ports / valves so they can be turned off when not needed.

Ideally plumbing in so the machine can work at same time but prob not actually both working at same exact time.

The pump has one in & out port so for full power I think there would be best for the feed & straight back to the tank return.

1 hour ago, woody paul said:

Would not have thought you can pumb it up and run both, but a simple diverter valve after pump to send flow to splitter or as it should. 

Sorry no not run both at same time but be able to leave set up & use which ever one is needed without having to keep plugging in or changing valves.

So with good timing a second person could make a split whilst the processor operator is dealing with other things.

Slightly concerned the pressure bypass on the splitter could reduce flow & pressure to the processor so would then have to use a valve. 

2 hours ago, Justme said:

Not valving would allow the conveyor to still take logs away.

Does the conveyor run constantly or slow at all when the saw or splitter are in use?

What you want to do is catered for by having a spool valve with a high pressure carry over  to a downstream spool but it's hard to see how to make that work without a new set of spool valves.

7 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Does the conveyor run constantly or slow at all when the saw or splitter are in use?

What you want to do is catered for by having a spool valve with a high pressure carry over  to a downstream spool but it's hard to see how to make that work without a new set of spool valves.

The conveyor does not seem to slow at all in use.

Dont want to mess with existing valves as they need to be set up delicately. 

I wonder if it already has a flow through set up.

Will need to follow the pipes to see how they split. 

1 hour ago, Justme said:

The conveyor does not seem to slow at all in use.

Dont want to mess with existing valves as they need to be set up delicately. 

I wonder if it already has a flow through set up.

Will need to follow the pipes to see how they split. 

I think @Woodworks has a similar machine, perhaps he knows the circuit. In the absence of the circuit diagram all I can think is to have a solenoid controlled diverter that was only enabled when the processor operator allowed. This would stop the conveyor.

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

I think @Woodworks has a similar machine, perhaps he knows the circuit. In the absence of the circuit diagram all I can think is to have a solenoid controlled diverter that was only enabled when the processor operator allowed. This would stop the conveyor.

I dont think I will need the full flow & the conveyor only uses a limited flow.

I have the diagrams but to be honest its easier to just look at the pipes.

I am slightly worried that any valve could stop all flow whilst changing over & cause pump damage if done with engine running.

Preference will be to have the valve if needed just turning on & off the flow to the QR port.

I could just un plug the feed which would be ok for jobs that are all for the splitter but not user friendly for mixed jobs.