Multitel SMX 250?

richy_B

Hello all,

I am currently running a nifty 120 tracked mewp.  Has been a good little unit but we've been getting a bit more big tree work and I'm looking at maybe selling it and getting something like a Multitel SMX 250 for the extra height and outreach.  I don't have 'new' money, I'd be on the look out for a 2-5 year old machine.  

Are there many SMX250 owners on here?  How do they rate the unit?   

Hi richy-B,

Ive had a SMX250 for two years now. Have had truck mount mewps for over 15 years as well. I would say that there are quite a few companies running these machines now, i have a competetor within 10 miles of me with one. My experiences of this machine have been good, i would not consider running an arb business without a 25m+ spiderlift although it wouldnt necessarily need to be the SMX250. I have not had anything major with my machine but i have heard that others have. No doubt they will tell you more details.I think they are very much built to keep the weight low and as others have experienced  they tend to arrive new with lose nuts and bolts and this is a recurring issue you have to keep a close eye on.Not the most confidence inspiring trait in any machine but especially a mewp! Not seen any 250 pre used for sale in the UK but then i havent really been looking, i would be looking very closely at the maintenance regime though if i was. Hope that is of help. 

• Thanks 1