Chipper Advice

Jamie Jones

11 minutes ago, Timbertom111 said:

Maybe I've just had bad experiences but I'd never buy a greenmech. I have used lots of machines and loved the tw230 I owned. I've since got a tracked jensen 530, only because I couldn't find a tracked 230. Very happy with that but would swap with a 230 if I had the chance. It just eats brash/timber. 

Can you give reasons why you wouldn’t have a Greenmech? just for information to Jamie  who started the thread knows issues and can make his own judgment.

• Thanks 1

If I was buying my first chipper I would buy a low hour greenmech 1928. Good value for money and piss all over the smaller chippers [emoji16]

I bought a used 1928 tt road tow earlier this year and apart from the wee fuel pump playin up (£45 to replace) it’s been fantastic, as others have said the people at green mech are more than helpful, I’m a fan of TW as well and before I tried the GM I was sceptical as I’d only used early ones 15+ years ago and found them lacking particularly on connies, they’ve come on a long way since then.
At nearly 1.5 tonne they’re heavy though.
  • Like 2

I think I have narrowed it down now to one of the following:

1) TW230HB 
- Has anyone got the new TW230HB with the Kabota 25hp Engine (Sub750Kg)
2) Greenmech 165 Evo?

But I understand that there are two options in the  Greenmech 165 Evo
1) Greenmech 165 Evo Petrol B&S 37hp (sub 750Kg)
-> Anyone able to give some feedback on the petrol  Evo 165?

2) Greenmech 165 Evo Diesel Kabota 25hp  (1000Kg) 
-> Anyone able to give some feedback on the Diesel  Evo 165? 

Thanks for the feed back so far..

Edited by Jamie Jones

If your not in a massive rush I would get the TW, GM and Forst out on a trial for a day. You can put them through there paces for a day and you will know exactly for yourself then. Doesn't cost you anything and you will be able to decide for yourself what you like best. They all have different good points?

• Like 3