Chipper Advice

Jamie Jones

6 hours ago, AJGard said:

I would have a look at the Forst ST6 petrol, I have had that and the TW230 and the Forst is a pukka machine. They did have a paintwork issue but that's been sorted with a new paint process apparently. Best to try one on a demo.

ST6 is arguably one of the best in its class in my opinion. Much prefer taking that out over against the TW230, and when running them side by side there is a big difference. Was on a TT6 demo recently and that's a impressive machine, but each their own 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, flawer said:

ST6 is arguably one of the best in its class in my opinion. Much prefer taking that out over against the TW230, and when running them side by side there is a big difference. Was on a TT6 demo recently and that's a impressive machine, but each their own 

Hi mate

Out of interest what year is your ST6?

5 hours ago, maybelateron said:

If you are buying road tow it might be worth serious thought about a turntable one. I am on my second turntable chipper now (Jensen 540), and we find it a really useful option. If having to park on the road outside customer's house/premises we can stack brash on the drive, with the hopper facing the pile and we are not standing the road to chip ing thet. Also gives the option to angle the hopper towards where brash coming from, so can avoid the energy drain of sometimes having to turn the branches through an angle to feed them; I realise that is more of an issue with a chipper with larger capacity.

Forst are about to start selling their petrol 750kg turntable chipper, and for the first month will be offering it at £16,500 + VAT.

What I thought as already been covered? I’m off to bed, I’ve had a another hard day  taking advantage of the better weather working on flat rate?

Edited by dan blocker

13 hours ago, Jamie Jones said:

With the TW230.. Appears to be a bit shorter than the Greenmech... But could you not detach  the chipper (Wheel Clamp it) and turn it 90˚ and then spin the discharge shoot back to the truck? Then you running brash straight out the the in-feed?

Problem with that is that you then have the drawbar sticking out into the road with most inline chippers.

I would never get into a debate or argument which is the best Chipper as all of them are winners and losers in different areas and can only give an opinion on previous experience of what make of Chippers I have had and or have used over the years and my own opinion is in every area Greenmech comes In the top 1/2 everytime from Machine Design,reliability,and I think most important there after sales service and  backup.

iam not saying any of the other makes don’t give you the same and I guess they do but you can only comment on your usage and experiences with other makes to allow you to give a valid and honest opinion and feedback and my honest opinion is Greenmech take some beating and are always moving forward with there designs and standard of work and reliability and for buying your first Chipper which is a big step no matter how much you are spending just take a look at Greenmech or even better make time to have each make in demo as all the makers will be only to happy to sort it for you then you can make up your own mind.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 4

Maybe I've just had bad experiences but I'd never buy a greenmech. I have used lots of machines and loved the tw230 I owned. I've since got a tracked jensen 530, only because I couldn't find a tracked 230. Very happy with that but would swap with a 230 if I had the chance. It just eats brash/timber.