Small PTO chipper?

doobin

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting a pto chipper too.  Trouble with WM stuff is the same as Kellfri, which I was thinking about until I found where it was made...  Price is good, but Chinese steel and shortcuts in manufacture mean trouble.

I looked at the Greenmech 150, seems good and UK-made, but it uses the tractor hydraulics to drive the roller.  Fine if your tractor has that - 2-valve system, flow and return - but my ancient Ford 3000 is very unreliable in that department, so I need the chipper to have its own hydraulics. So today put the order in for a TP130 PTO, Danish-made, recommended by another user, so fingers crossed now!

Edited by dudders
wrong info
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dudders said:

I'm getting a pto chipper too.  Trouble with WM stuff is the same as Kellfri, which I was thinking about until I found where it was made...  Price is good, but Chinese steel and shortcuts in manufacture mean trouble.

I looked at the Greenmech 150, seems good and UK-made, but it uses the tractor hydraulics to drive the roller.  Fine if your tractor has that - 2-valve system, flow and return - but my ancient Ford 3000 is very unreliable in that department, so I need the chipper to have its own hydraulics. So today put the order in for a TP130 PTO, Danish-made, recommended by another user, so fingers crossed now!

We have done a couple which had their own pump and tank before and I have kitted a tractor out with a return to tank via the filler and just used the tipper circuit before now!

That's how it works on my old Ford.  Trouble with it is the hydraulics work when they want to.  This is actually very dodgy, coz you can pull the lift lever up, nothing happens, so you forget about it and get on and then suddenly the lift arms shoot up.  Too bad if you're in the way...  An experienced ag. mechanic has had it all apart twice and not been able to fix it.  I just live with it.

Edited by dudders
better

7 hours ago, PeteB said:

We have done a couple which had their own pump and tank before and I have kitted a tractor out with a return to tank via the filler and just used the tipper circuit before now!

Incredibly simple to do and the obvious soloution when just a single direction flow is required. Direct to tank is also the preferred method for single acting services as it reduces backpressure and heat generated in the oil.

Would cost around £20 in bits!

Edited by doobin
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/11/2020 at 19:28, dudders said:

Any updates dudders?