HELP STIHL BG86 won’t pull over with spark in

B-rad

13 minutes ago, lurkalot said:

Common problem on these machines.  While it sits around, the gassing and changes in temp pushes the fuel slowly out of the tank via the pulse hole and fills the crankcase.  

Check the pump diaphragm, that's usually the cause of the flood on these, not the needle.  It'll probably have a line of tiny holes down one side, if you hold it up to the light. ;)

To clarify nothing is connected to the cylinder, exhaust off and carb is off and coil is off so not connected to the fuel tank at all, when you say the pump diagram you mean in the carb yes? The carbs covered in filth so it’s off and put to one side for a clean later, I think it’s unlikely the blower has sat around unused as it came from a tree surgery Conpany who run them till they die and buy a new one ( lucky me I get the throw aways whoop whoop)

1 minute ago, lurkalot said:

Well while the carb is off, just remove the pump diaphragm cover, the one on the bottom held by one screw, and check the Diaphragm anyway.  

I will do tbh I was going to rebuild the carb anyway or give it a thorough clean at least and give it a full degrease and service but I would like to get it “working” ish before trying to start it and diagnose other issue, I can however confirm it probably has never had a service in its life because when removing the fuel like I snapped the bit it connects to on the fuel tank just by pulling on the fuel line, they are solid as a rock but I have another of the same blower to salvage parts from or vide versa should this not work but that’s another post entirely 

14 minutes ago, spudulike said:

It should have a cylinder base gasket as standard or at least be sealed with liquid gasket which would raise the compression and seal the engine as it should be. 

No gasket or sealing compound would cause an air leak giving running issues but not your symptoms.

It may have had a liquid gasket, but there was no physical gasket when I took it off if you know what I mean it was a mission to get it off it was sealed pretty tight 

3 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

I can't imagine someone thinking it needs a new plug, then when they put the new one in it sticks, panic and give the saw away. Take the plug back out? Hold the two plugs next to each other and see one is longer?

Maybe though with that little knowledge about maintenance better they don't have a saw at all.

Owt queer as folk.

when you have very little or zero mechanical expierance and money is no object a chainsaw he bought 5 yrs ago, used once then went to it 2 yrs later and wont start, i would of bet on a fuel issue, ?,  but he decided to swap the sparkplug from a strimmer and said that seized it up, said if i didnt take it he would just skip it,  

• Like 1