Weekend Work Rate

Treespasser

1 hour ago, doobin said:

From a business perspective, Whatever you can get away with, but I’d not put up with a subby wanting to charge me 25% extra for working on a Saturday. 

Thanks, though 25% was just a massive guesstimate. I've never discussed weekend work with anyone before, so just need to be guided in he right direction

22 minutes ago, swinny said:

I'd think someone was a tosser to charge more for a weekend... Just sad really. They're all the same days... Doesn't show a team player to me. 

I've worked all sorts of days and not charged any extra to do so.

... if I was employing lads on proper contracts they'd be on time/third, time/half, or double time for working weekends. I wouldn't charge them out at any more mind... perhaps I would in real life.

I did what should have been a six hundred quid job a couple of Saturdays back, the client insisted I couldn't get in there until after lunchtime. That job will be £800 quid sir, see you Saturday afternoon. I'm not writing half my weekend off for no greater reward. Some might want to put business first, I prefer time with people I know and like on the days they get off work.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 7

If it's your choice to work the weekend or you have asked for extra work on a weekend to bump up your pay a bit - normal hrly rate

If say I've asked you to work a weekend as we are stowed out and need to get some jobs off the list - 1.5 hrly rate or a bonus incentive.

If the client insist that the work is done on a weekend so as not to disrupt there own business operations and are getting charged accordingly - minimum 1.5 but I'd aim to pay 2 X normal rate or normal rate and a day in lue depending on what the job was.

Everyone needs a rest after a hard week as tired staff are unproductive and potentially unsafe.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I'd be looking for 1.5x normal fee Saturday and 2x for Sunday.

This was always the case when I was employed. It ain't going to change much nowadays. If people want to go out on a weekend for flat rate they are welcome to it. I guess I'm not a team player.

• Like 1