Tractor / timber trailer advice.

lux

9 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Been reading the posts on this thread since it begun and one thing i aint read is, Is this for arb work or with in forestry ? as there are massive differences on the regulations between the 2 with using a tractor and forwarding trailer for haulage, Guy i know of up here got pulled with a tractor n trailer with a digger loaded on it about 2 year ago, so far its cost him 20 odd k and it aint finished yet, then another arb lad with a unimog now on his arse, 

Good point. Can only speak in respect of forestry operation but hoops I jumped through to satisfy HMRC are quite considerable. The main points being share farming and white diesel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woody paul said:

I agree with what you say but, every AD plant is have maize carted in by tractors ran on red and running 12_14 hours a day which is not agricultural. 

Think those days have long gone. If its classed as transport then its white diesel, think it was the carting sewage sludge case which changed everything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lux said:

Arb working. Just moving my own timber. I get your drift but will take my chances. Everyone is running kit they shouldn’t or not conforming to regs around here and I’ve never heard of anyone being stopped.
One firm runs 5 unimogs as there standard line up of vehicle for arb work. Never been looked at. Not saying it couldn’t happen just unlikely.

I think you need to think carefully on this and one point to really take in to consideration is that, someone has just spent/handed out a awful lot of money with in Government and put the country in to massive debt, this will need to be paid back, and the way i see it is if they can get a few quid back here and a bit more there they will do, i can see a few more people being employed by DVLA, VOSA, HMRC and customs & excides and put out there to combat all the evasion, One guy runs a car breakers salvage yard and up to about 5 years ago it cost him nothing in fuel to run 2  7.5tonne trucks as they used the diesel out the cars they brought in now he says he cant salvage enough to run one but he gets enough red to run the machines in the yard this will be known by government and i will bet a large amount that there will be more roadside checks taking place in the not to distant future,