MS211c weird problem

Dinosaw

1 minute ago, Khriss said:

Most of their models  (  usually between 5 minutes out of the shoppe to under 6 months)  , in my experience. K

To be honest the only Stihl saws I have ever owned were MS 200T . ( 3,  I think ) . They had the usual piston pump carb stuff that happens after a bit of use  but no real complaints and that from a Husqvarna man . ☺️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stubby said:

To be honest the only Stihl saws I have ever owned were MS 200T . ( 3,  I think ) . They had the usual piston pump carb stuff that happens after a bit of use  but no real complaints and that from a Husqvarna man . ☺️

Rebuilt more Stihls than i can remmember, always silly parts failing but in fairness after quite a lot of abuse.  Gave them 2 stars on TripAdviser  ?  K. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

It hasn't been fiddled with before has it? If they left the cylinder seal off the bottom then it could pump up the compression by a tonne? Could even be touching the head? 

It's a clamshell engine - no separate cylinder (so no gasket between cylinder and crankcase). You can bump up the compression eg taller piston or change the crank centreline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Pull the plug out, turn the saw upside down so the plug hole is pointing downwards and pull it over hard for 5-10 times. 

You should get a fair bit of fuel mix running out of the plug hole. Let it dry out and try again.

Just a note, I was always told to make sure the switch was in the off position if cranking the engine with the plug not connected, or earthed as this can damage the ignition unit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Pull the plug out, turn the saw upside down so the plug hole is pointing downwards and pull it over hard for 5-10 times. 

You should get a fair bit of fuel mix running out of the plug hole. Let it dry out and try again.

Hi Steve, First thing I did, absolutely clear, nothing there. As I said earlier, pulls over fine with no plug in. With plug in it will still turn over but with a great deal of difficulty. Ridiculous on such a small saw. Thanks for your two pennorth!