Police officer shot

eggsarascal

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

How the hell can someone get a gun into a police holding centre?

WWW.STANDARD.CO.UK

A police officer has been shot dead by a suspect being booked into custody at a south London police station. The...

I read that he wasn’t searched due to the current environment of police being scared of being labelled racist. Presumably the shooter was from a minority group.

14 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

I read that he wasn’t searched due to the current environment of police being scared of being labelled racist. Presumably the shooter was from a minority group.

Got a link?, cuz that isn't what I read.

WWW.STANDARD.CO.UK

A custody sergeant was shot dead by a suspect inside a police station. The alleged killer, 23, is understood to then...

2 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

Presumably the shooter was from a minority group.

Wow.  That's some assumption.  You may be right of course but until you know...

What my wife has told me she found online was that officers didn't want to search on the street due to the presence of a large group - they probably thought it safer to get him away as well as according to search laws' insistence that due dignity should be accorded searched persons.

The facts will out but how the guy got as far as the inner sanctum without a search at least sufficient to find a gun I can't think.

The poor arresting officer(s) have the consequences to live with forever.

Edited by nepia

16 minutes ago, nepia said:

Wow.  That's some assumption.  You may be right of course but until you know...

What my wife has told me she found online was that officers didn't want to search on the street due to the presence of a large group - they probably thought it safer to get him away as well as according to search laws' insistence that due dignity should be accorded searched persons.

The facts will out but how the guy got as far as the inner sanctum without a search at least sufficient to find a gun I can't think.

The poor arresting officer(s) have the consequences to live with forever.

I can understand getting him away from a crowd, but to get in a police holding centre, or whatever they are called now with a gun is unforgivable.

This was a DS, should be one of the safest jobs in the job?

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 1

I agree eggs but the length of service on the streets is dire; experience and old sweat guidance is in very short supply.  Perhaps those involved were simply too inexperienced for the 'safety first' mentality to have kicked in - not through lack of training though.

Custody Officer should be a safe job apart from keyboard RSI and weapon-free threat from prisoners.  But let's not jump to conclusions;.  Homemade firearms can be tiny - hence easily concealed - yet lethal at close range; we don't know what sort of weapon was involved.

The only conclusion it is fair to jump to is that it should obviously not have happened.

Thoughts have to be with the poor victim's family.

• Like 2

Listening to wireless commentary it is reported that arresting personnel were 2x female ‘specials’ (seems odd though, wouldn’t expect to see a special without a regular constable) and that the perp needed to be extracted quickly to avoid wider disorder from a gathered crowd. 

You can just imagine the BLM fuelled lawlessness and disorder that would naturally follow an ‘innocent’ black youth being unfairly subjected to stop and search as a consequence of Met Police systemic racism. 

Never mind the horrible little scrote had a shooter down his pants. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Listening to wireless commentary it is reported that arresting personnel were 2x female ‘specials’ (seems odd though, wouldn’t expect to see a special without a regular constable) and that the perp needed to be extracted quickly to avoid wider disorder from a gathered crowd. 

You can just imagine the BLM fuelled lawlessness and disorder that would naturally follow an ‘innocent’ black youth being unfairly subjected to stop and search as a consequence of Met Police systemic racism. 

Never mind the horrible little scrote had a shooter down his pants. 

Should start the PLM movement .

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Listening to wireless commentary it is reported that arresting personnel were 2x female ‘specials’

If true that could explain any lack of searching:  searching the opposite sex is very non-pc don't you know and to be avoided if at all possible.  Checking outer clothing is OK but any more than that needs lots of justification.

3 hours ago, nepia said:

If true that could explain any lack of searching:  searching the opposite sex is very non-pc don't you know and to be avoided if at all possible.  Checking outer clothing is OK but any more than that needs lots of justification.

He got pulled and found in possession of ammunition, surely that is enough for any officer to do a thorough search?

• Like 5