Pto driven Shredder/chipper for landscaper

Stew-shl

Hi chaps , first post on here so go easy. 

I've been hunting around for a solution to the ever growing pile of green waste in my yard. We have our own composting bays but need to purchase a chipper/shredder for the larger branches/thicker hedge cuttings that can't be composted. 

We have access to a 200bhp John Deere tractor so were thinking of a Pto driven unit but struggling to work out what to go for? or if such a thing exists to deal with the smaller smaller waste .

I've seen a few 8 inch chippers but would these realistically deal with the bulky waste?

I also haven't ruled out a towable shredder but everything I've searched seems to be chippers. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Stew-shl

20200822_084852.thumb.jpg.1070fe55ae4c2fa43af71be20ec87f96.jpgGreat bit of kit that, we have had one for years and its great at shredding all green waste. When we bought it the seller said you could throw a sheet of galvanize iron into it and it would handle it......well we did and it did and its still going. no maintenance, no edging blades nothing. In the pic above we are running it on a JD855 shredding light stuff after the recent storm.

Edited by kkk2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kkk2 said:

20200822_084852.thumb.jpg.1070fe55ae4c2fa43af71be20ec87f96.jpgGreat bit of kit that, we have had one for years and its great at shredding all green waste. When we bought it the seller said you could throw a sheet of galvanize iron into it and it would handle it......well we did and it did and its still going. no maintenance, no edging blades nothing. In the pic above we are running it on a JD855 shredding light stuff after the recent storm.

That's not a bad shout , I have seen a couple for sale but do wonder if there is anyone making a similar machine that is slightly larger . 

19 hours ago, jmac said:

What about this?

Screenshot_20200920-162732_Facebook.jpg

Mason wood chippers had one of those for sale for ages .

i used  tow behind version once , didn’t work well but I’d say not set up properly or totally blunt  . There’s a handy little conveyor on that, ideal for small debris and green waste.

gandini electrics haven’t been great ime but might not be such an issue on a pto machine.

there was a bigger gandini tow behind pto one on mascus a few months ago that was top fed , would be ideal 

We run a Timberwolf S426 (Road tow). We use it for bumbles of bramble, hedge cuttings, Christmas trees, conife,  old tree stakes, pallets, root balls, lime epicormic and ivy. You can feed it carefully from a machine but I find it easier to crush a bundle with a grapple then place at hopper mouth and someone pushes it in by hand.  Eats these up no bother, great tool. Compost it all grom there 

No good on matted, wet stuff. Grass cuttings, bad compost etc. You'd need something more like a Menart.