Uprate MS462 oil pump?

doobin

21 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I could be wrong but I think there is a " high flow " pump specifically for that saw .

Just had a Google, and for the first time in my life, read a chainsaw manual!

The MS462 has a stop on the oil pump adjustment. You knock this in with a punch, and then you can turn the screw a fraction more. Probably some bullshit environmental thing. Bloody pointless because if you know you need to adjust the oiler, you also know how much you need to adjust it!

I'll see how it goes. On 'max' prior to knocking the stop in, it was using half a tank to a tank of fuel. Not enough to lube a 20" bar properly in hardwood. I've got a 28" for it which I'd like to use regularly, and I've also got a 36" which it pulls OK if you're careful, but that's always needed supplementary oiling and I'd imagine it still will with the oiler stop knocked in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wonky said:

It’s the same as the sixsixone, just keep an eye on the oil running out before the fuel... the manual say not to fill the fuel all the way  if you find it does..

I'd love it if knocking that stop in made it run out of oil first. But the adjuster only moved a fraction more. We shall see!

Edited by doobin
  • Like 1

Says "high flow".......

but 461.....

WWW.BAILEYSONLINE.COM

OEM oil pump assemblies are a high quality replacement option for your Stihl chainsaws. Oil pumps are one of those...

Same part no. in UK doesn't mention of high flow though...

WWW.LSENGINEERS.CO.UK

Oil pump 1.1 Genuine Stihl Part OEM Part No. 1128 640 3250 Suitable for the following Stihl Machines: MS 441, MS 441 C...

WWW.ARBORISTSITE.COM

I recently ordered a high output oiler for my ms 461. I went to put it on today and it looks identical to the same one I took...

Edited by Stere