CS-2511 issue?

5 shires

Has anyone else had a problem with there CS-2511 Echo Topper? It’s my favourite little saw but for some reason after I use it 5/6 times the chain just keeps tightening up by itself.it went in for same problem which I thought they had sorted but after a combined use of around 2 hours it’s done exactly the same,it’s been in 3 times now for the same problem so jus t wondering if anybody else has has same problem? Only thing I can think of is the oiler stops working or get clogged up and clears its self sometimes.there is oil coming out but for such a small chainsaw it’s difficult to judge if enough..any ideas would be greatly received and welcome.?

10 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

I'll butt in here - it's the chain oil intake gauze. Inside the oil tank there's a wee rubber tube, just like the fuel line in the fuel tank, but shorter. There's a mesh covering on the end of this wee pipe, to filter out sawdust etc.

9 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

From new my 2511 blocked after  just a few tanks.

My oil choice Aspen bio left a fine wax on the gauze. It certainly was not sawdust which caused the blockage.

Stuart

Hi Stuart got ya Ref gauze and same as Ty right from the get go always had an issue with chain tightening up.

i use a Bio Oil so sounds like same issue as Ty.

Thnaks both I will remove it and see how it go’s..got to be worth a go if nothing else,I wonder if Echo know of this problem with oil filter and wonder if same problem on any of there other saws?

Having told people what a great saw the 241 is, I'm having oiler issues with that now.

I dismantled it, cleaned it out, ran petrol through it all to no avail.

I'll remove the gauze but as I have had the saw for 3 years I cannot see it being the oil causing the same issue as with the 2511.

Do oil pumps actually wear out?

Stuart

Just had the clutch off  a ea4300 coz though it wasn't oiling as much as it used to even on max setting  was completely clogged solid around the oiler.

Never thought about  the  oil tank intake maybe its  being gradually clogging reducing flow.

Edited by Stere

12 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Having told people what a great saw the 241 is, I'm having oiler issues with that now.

I dismantled it, cleaned it out, ran petrol through it all to no avail.

I'll remove the gauze but as I have had the saw for 3 years I cannot see it being the oil causing the same issue as with the 2511.

Do oil pumps actually wear out?

Stuart

Ty yes pumps do wear out as any other moving part....were is spud when you need him...help us spud??