Simarghu harness disappointment

andyandy

It’s a simple fix  to sew on a new one if you can source one If you don’t have any luck, before you bin it. I have a friend that used to make paragliding harnesses, he does all sorts sewing on stuff from kite surfing to Para/hang gliding 

I guess he could fit a new pair or somthing.

i will ping him the pic you posted, see if it’s anything like he’s seen on other harness.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wonky said:

It’s a simple fix  to sew on a new one if you can source one If you don’t have any luck, before you bin it. I have a friend that used to make paragliding harnesses, he does all sorts sewing on stuff from kite surfing to Para/hang gliding 

I guess he could fit a new pair or somthing.

i will ping him the pic you posted, see if it’s anything like he’s seen on other harness.

Cool. That would be great if you did that thanks

I sent him the pic, he said he hasn’t seen a design like that. And wouldn’t know where to get one.

I see two ways fwd, send a youtube video link (make it unlisted so you can only see it if you have the link) to the manufacturer, showing your problem. And make it clear all that is needed. See how they respond. And then maybe follow up with, I will make this video viewable to all on YouTube.

it maybe they want someone with the ability to fix it properly (the the sewing stitching) so it don’t come back to them like a sloppy fix

2nd way is. 
i Googled your harness, all 3 buckles are the same ?
you, or get someone else to take the chest buckle off and fit it to the leg so it looks the same as the other side, and you get another buckle fitted to your chest/waist strap. 
If you look at some other harness manufacturers ie monkeybeaver/new tribe they use different chest buckles to the legs

have a think about it.

this is the link of my friends 

I may post a pic later today, of something he done for me yesterday, just to   Illustrate What he can do.

THELOFTWORKSHOP.CO.UK

This harness is in desperate need of a repair We understand load-bearing stitching designs

6 hours ago, Wonky said:

I sent him the pic, he said he hasn’t seen a design like that. And wouldn’t know where to get one.

I see two ways fwd, send a youtube video link (make it unlisted so you can only see it if you have the link) to the manufacturer, showing your problem. And make it clear all that is needed. See how they respond. And then maybe follow up with, I will make this video viewable to all on YouTube.

it maybe they want someone with the ability to fix it properly (the the sewing stitching) so it don’t come back to them like a sloppy fix

2nd way is. 
i Googled your harness, all 3 buckles are the same ?
you, or get someone else to take the chest buckle off and fit it to the leg so it looks the same as the other side, and you get another buckle fitted to your chest/waist strap. 
If you look at some other harness manufacturers ie monkeybeaver/new tribe they use different chest buckles to the legs

have a think about it.

this is the link of my friends 

I may post a pic later today, of something he done for me yesterday, just to   Illustrate What he can do.

THELOFTWORKSHOP.CO.UK

This harness is in desperate need of a repair We understand load-bearing stitching designs

I sent them a video showing what was wrong already. They replied that they couldn't send a replacement buckle. 

It would be nice just to have a harness out there with user replaceable parts.

I had two tree motions before this harness but found that either the leg straps or the hip to leg webbing would need replacing every Loler. The leg straps are not that cheap and if you need to replace two you may as well just replace the whole thing. 

I may try a tree motion evo if this goes nowhere though. 

I found some buckles from climbing technology that look very similar. 

I will check out the link in a bit. 

Cheers

On 15/09/2020 at 17:42, andyandy said:

16001881090848257763301097745103.jpg

Similar style buckles on the tree austria 3.1 etc i think i have.... them buckles are shite.

Something to do with ally / steel and brass..... corrosion or something can't remember what loler man said. Mines not massively old but the buckle levers stick and wont keep hold of the other bit. 

Never had these issues with my old tree motion!

Have you tried loads of wd40 and work the buggers? 

My harness will be going in the bin by next loler i reckon. Probs similar age to yours

1 hour ago, swinny said:

Similar style buckles on the tree austria 3.1 etc i think i have.... them buckles are shite.

Something to do with ally / steel and brass..... corrosion or something can't remember what loler man said. Mines not massively old but the buckle levers stick and wont keep hold of the other bit. 

Never had these issues with my old tree motion!

Have you tried loads of wd40 and work the buggers? 

My harness will be going in the bin by next loler i reckon. Probs similar age to yours

I tried duck oil and giving it a small few taps. I think though that the spring inside has failed or fell out. 

Frustrating, I never seem to get much lifespan from a harness. I

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andyandy said:

I tried duck oil and giving it a small few taps. I think though that the spring inside has failed or fell out. 

Frustrating, I never seem to get much lifespan from a harness. I

Yes they sort of seize and don't spring back. Crap design really.... I was going to go back down the tree motion route again but they were getting slated on a thread on here not long ago.... Why cant people make things that last? Money grabbing gits

I had two tree motions before this harness but found that either the leg straps or the hip to leg webbing would need replacing every Loler. The leg straps are not that cheap and if you need to replace two you may as well just replace the whole thing. 

I may try a tree motion evo if this goes nowhere

This sounds odd to me. My tree motion is 4 years old now and only had to replace leg hips once. Think it will make the 5 years no worries.