Timberwolf 190DH

Joel1989

Hello,

I bought my first chipper yesterday. I always rented a Timberwolf 190 (the turbo version). Through my own nativity I didn’t realise there were two types and I went ahead and bought the standard 190DH thinking it was the same as the ones I’ve been renting. I haven’t used one before and wondered if there was a bit difference to it’s turbo counterpart. I now know the turbo version has an extra 10hp and I’m guessing this makes a big difference which has concerned me. How does the 190DH compare to the 150’s? I just don’t rate the 150’s anywhere near as much because of all the extra snedding they require that really slows everything down 

I won’t get a chance to use it until Saturday so I’m basically trying to find out if I’ve messed up before then to put my mind at ease ? I paid £7700 and it’s done a little over 1200 hours 

Thanks in advance 

5417184C-E2B5-477D-8C87-C939CF2BECC3.jpeg

That the one of flebay i take it? i was considering buying it but the seller didn't answer this phone or email on numerous occasions, never use either so cant really help but i would guess there there will be a difference in throughput due to the extra power. My only concern with that machine was if it had been "blown over" for sale .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian C said:

That the one of flebay i take it? i was considering buying it but the seller didn't answer this phone or email on numerous occasions, never use either so cant really help but i would guess there there will be a difference in throughput due to the extra power. My only concern with that machine was if it had been "blown over" for sale .

Yes that’s the one. All seemed a bit dodgy to me and I’ve already noticed some parts that are missing on it but I was desperate and there were so few other options out there. I put a few pieces of wood through it while I was there because he said he’ll have plenty so I didn’t bring some but all he had there were tree stakes which are obviously straight pieces of wood so wasn’t exactly a great test for it. I think I’m going to take it to my local Timberwolf dealer to give it a once over and let me know if anything needs doing 

43 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I don't know about the price, but surely you've the same infeed rollers as the turbo? So it's going to be a lot better to feed than a 150 and only slower if you often stick great lumps in.

On the bright side, non turbo engine is lower stressed and can't have a turbo failure so should be more reliable.

Yeh the infeed is the same. Tbh from what I’ve read it seems to be the exact same machine as the 150 but just with a bigger infeed. There is so little info online about then though. Even on official Timberwolf websites I can’t find anything other then info of the turbo version. 

I’m hoping that like you say, it will still take the bigger and more awkward brash and just take longer to chip them. I think I’ll sharpen the blades before Saturday to give me the least amount of chance of being disappointed ? And reliability is always good ?

1 hour ago, Joel1989 said:

Yeh the infeed is the same. Tbh from what I’ve read it seems to be the exact same machine as the 150 but just with a bigger infeed. There is so little info online about then though. Even on official Timberwolf websites I can’t find anything other then info of the turbo version. 

I’m hoping that like you say, it will still take the bigger and more awkward brash and just take longer to chip them. I think I’ll sharpen the blades before Saturday to give me the least amount of chance of being disappointed ? And reliability is always good ?

The 190 non turbo is a completely different machine to the 150. It'll perform better with bigger feed rollers, opening and heavier flywheel. From memory the turbo version is largely your machine with a turbo and 10hp...

High chance that your machine has been repainted? Looks rather fresh with fresh decals. Any overspray on fuel lines, hydraulic pipes, handbrake cables or masking of the serial plate. Do you have an original serial plate and the invoice states the serial number? Take off the discharge chute, it'll have a second serial number etched into the machine. Make sure it aligns with the metal one...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GA Groundcare said:

The 190 non turbo is a completely different machine to the 150. It'll perform better with bigger feed rollers, opening and heavier flywheel. From memory the turbo version is largely your machine with a turbo and 10hp...

High chance that your machine has been repainted? Looks rather fresh with fresh decals. Any overspray on fuel lines, hydraulic pipes, handbrake cables or masking of the serial plate. Do you have an original serial plate and the invoice states the serial number? Take off the discharge chute, it'll have a second serial number etched into the machine. Make sure it aligns with the metal one...

Thanks for the info. Yes both the serial numbers are the same which has given me piece of mind. It has all been sprayed though 

3 minutes ago, GA Groundcare said:

Check the levels, belts, grease it up, check the safety systems, stress control etc and go out and use it ? 

give it a few check overs whilst using it during the day. If it all seems good, earn some monies out of her ?

All you can do for now .

• Like 2